Who is the true ROCOR or ROCA now?

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

jdigrande
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: Who is the true ROCOR or ROCA now?

Post by jdigrande »

To Some Guy:

By all means investigate all the OC churches who call themselves True Orthodox. Research them online and talk to individuals either by phone or visiting parishes or monasteries. And of course pray. But take your time. I wish you the best in your search.

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Post by Jean-Serge »

I made an article in French some 2 years ago listing all the heirs of ROCOR born after 2000. My article requires an update because there was a split in ROCOR Philarète and some counting is mistaen. We reach the number of 13 structures (including independant bishops) in the category of True Orthodox. Pinch me ! Is this serious ? Are all of them part of the church ? Are not there some parasynagogues within them ? Are we supposed to say that all are fine because they define themselves as True Orthodox or should we investigate their stories ?

From the Lavrist succession, because they followed Metropolitan Lavre in 2001:

• ROCOR Agathangel
  • ROCANA (ROCOR Andronik)

From the Vitalist succession because their founders supported Metropolitant Vitaly in 2001:
3 independent bishops:

• Irinej Klipenstein (now in communion with HOCNA)
  • Dionisiy (Denis) Alfiorov
  • Victor Pivovarov

9 synods:

• ROCOR -Philarète (plus) a split of it I must identify)
  • ROCOR-Vladimir
  • ROCOR-Anthony of Beltsk
  • Orthodox Church of Russia - Anthony Orlov
  • Orthodox Church of Russia - Stéphane Usachiov
  • Orthodox Church of Russia - Vassiliy Kirillov
  • RTOC (Russian True Orthodox Church) - Tikhon of Omsk

Source : http://orthodoxie-libre.over-blog.com/2 ... tiere.html

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

SavaBeljovic
Faith: True Orthodoxy
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Post by SavaBeljovic »

Jean-Serge wrote: Wed 28 February 2024 5:33 am

I made an article in French some 2 years ago listing all the heirs of ROCOR born after 2000. My article requires an update because there was a split in ROCOR Philarète and some counting is mistaen. We reach the number of 13 structures (including independant bishops) in the category of True Orthodox. Pinch me ! Is this serious ? Are all of them part of the church ? Are not there some parasynagogues within them ? Are we supposed to say that all are fine because they define themselves as True Orthodox or should we investigate their stories ?

From the Lavrist succession, because they followed Metropolitan Lavre in 2001:

• ROCOR Agathangel
  • ROCANA (ROCOR Andronik)

From the Vitalist succession because their founders supported Metropolitant Vitaly in 2001:
3 independent bishops:

• Irinej Klipenstein (now in communion with HOCNA)
  • Dionisiy (Denis) Alfiorov
  • Victor Pivovarov

9 synods:

• ROCOR -Philarète (plus) a split of it I must identify)
  • ROCOR-Vladimir
  • ROCOR-Anthony of Beltsk
  • Orthodox Church of Russia - Anthony Orlov
  • Orthodox Church of Russia - Vassiliy Kirillov
  • RTOC (Russian True Orthodox Church) - Tikhon of Omsk

Source : http://orthodoxie-libre.over-blog.com/2 ... tiere.html

There's a trend within True Orthodoxy of the "ROCA remnant" or "Catacomb Church successor". I think the RTOC claims to be the latter moreso than the former, possibly people within the RTOC can explain more.

“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is understanding."