G.O.C any help appreciated

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

someguy
Jr Member

Re: G.O.C any help appreciated

Post by someguy »

Justice wrote:

Last I checked, the RTOC under Archbishop Tikhon had two parishes in Australia.

Any more details on this as I cannot find anything?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

someguy wrote:
Justice wrote:

Have those two RTOC parishes been swallowed up by the former RTOC schismatic monk?

Look up the updates posted here by Father Siluan.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

someguy wrote:
Justice wrote:

I was actually wrong, there are four parishes in Australia. Are any of these near you someguy?

http://ripc.info/?id=31

someguy
Jr Member

Post by someguy »

Justice wrote:

Are any of these near you someguy?

Yes two are in my state, not close but not very far.
I looked them up on street view and they seem to be houses in the suburbs?
Is this synod definitely endorsed by all as true?

I will call them during the week :)

So what is everyone's consensus on the Bishop Micheal from the original thread link?

Madison Grant
Jr Member

Post by Madison Grant »

someguy wrote:
Justice wrote:

Are any of these near you someguy?

1 Yes two are in my state, not close but not very far.
2 I looked them up on street view and they seem to be houses in the suburbs?
3 Is this synod definitely endorsed by all as true?

I will call them during the week :)

So what is everyone's consensus on the Bishop Micheal from the original thread link?

1: options that are nearby are always good. Lamentable when there are no options around in a whole country.

2: That is how communities start out. It is true for any religious group, in fact. They start out as "missions" in someone's home, then a rented space in a "strip mall" of sorts, then upgrading to a newly constructed building with funds from headquarters.

It is, to be honest, not exciting to drive to a church in someone's home several hours away, but that feeling does dissipate with time. That is, also, how churches started in antiquity as they do even to this day, as can be seen.

3: From looking at the weblink provided by Justice, it is a Russian True Orthodox Church (RTOC) presence under Archbishop Tikhon. I'll let Justice and the ECafe moderator and RTOC priest, Priest Siluan in Argentina, give more details. It is one of the better synods that came out of the old ROCOR with minor road bumps along its traveled path unlike, say for example, ROCOR-Agafangel who anathematized himself twice for breaking the old ROCOR's 1983 anathema against ecumenism when he went into communion with the already deposed, and now defunct, Cyprian of FIli.

http://www.ripc.info/en/sinod/ - synod information.
http://www.ripc.info/dioceses/avstraliiskaja-eparkhija/ - two locations in NSW: Eastwood and Doonside.
http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... =2&t=10189 - ECafe thread on the RTOC under Archbishop Tikhon.

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

If you look at both rocor’s 1983 anathema and the Encyclical against old calendar ecumenism, issued by the genuine orthodox church of Greece they both make great points but who today stands that hasent already enspoused this by actions

Roac broke from Rocor before the rtoc did in 1994 however there were cyprianite Romanians in communion with Rocor before they could sever ties in 1992 so it shows that Rocor was already under their 1983 anathema while in communion then.

d9popov

Post by d9popov »

Orthodox in Michigan wrote:

If you look at both rocor’s 1983 anathema and the Encyclical against old calendar ecumenism, issued by the genuine orthodox church of Greece they both make great points but who today stands that hasent already enspoused this by actions

Roac broke from Rocor before the rtoc did in 1994 however there were cyprianite Romanians in communion with Rocor before they could sever ties in 1992 so it shows that Rocor was already under their 1983 anathema while in communion then.

Archbishop Tikhon of Omsk, the first-hierarch of the Russian True Orthodox Church, issued a statement that people were justified to leave ROCOR as early as 1986, when it became obvious to those who were looking that Metropolitan Vitaly would not be a firm as Saint Philaret was. Almost forty clergy left ROCOR in 1986-1987: Father Victor Melehov, Father George Kochergin, and many others in 1986; and Father Michael Azkoul, Father Nikifor, and ROCOR's French mission under Archimandrite Ambroise Frontrier in 1987. Later ROAC left, and later RTOC. Vitaly's ROCOR/ROCiE fragmented. There was some slowness to understand the "Cyprianism" issue. However, ROAC, Vitaly, RTOC, and even the Andronik synod have all stated that they reject Cyprianism. The Serbian TOC has condemned Cyprianism as well. The Kallinikos-Cyprian-Agafangel-Vlasie-Fotiy unia is the one that stubbornly refused to reaffirm the Anathema Against Ecumenism. The Kallinikos-Cyprian-Agafangel-Vlasie-Fotiy unia does not have a consensus faith: some people in that amalgam want to affirm the Anathema, but others may want to maintain some arrangement with, for example, Jerusalem, which is ecumenist.