Who is the true ROCOR or ROCA now?

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

jdigrande
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: Who is the true ROCOR or ROCA now?

Post by jdigrande »

I was wrong about Bishop Petros. He was put forward as a candidate for bishop in 1956 by a group of Greek priests and layman. He then joined the American NC church for a while and was made bishop by ROCOR and Auxentios in 1962. My source ( GOC (Kirykos's) website) was a little unclear. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. :)

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

jdigrande wrote:

I was wrong about Bishop Petros. He was put forward as a candidate for bishop in 1956 by a group of Greek priests and layman. He then joined the American NC church for a while and was made bishop by ROCOR and Auxentios in 1962. My source ( GOC (Kirykos's) website) was a little unclear. Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa. :)

Yes, this malicious gossip is exactly why I did not embrace Kirykos from the get-go.

I talked via skype with some of the Kirykos priests and the conversation was not edifying at all.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Orthodox in michigan wrote:

Yes very interesting i have a thought but it mey get removed by the thought police here, is it possible their are masons at work in these midnight conversations and making a controlled opposition church ? Any masons in these churches today , ?

Please be aware that there is always the probability that freemasons and communist agents have infiltrated every nook and cranny, every dark corner in an attempt to destroy the Church. Freemasonry is present in the EP and the MP.

Although the Diocese of Etna under Archbishop Kallinikos may be praised for starting their own seminary, they have opened a pandora's box because seminaries are always controlled by the accrediting boards who most likely have freemasons on staff. You can therefore bet that at least one of the seminarians, or at least one of the seminary instructors are freemasons.

Instead of speculating, we need to be praying and sharing quotes from our spiritual reading to strengthen each other. We are in a real battle right now, both spiritually and physically, and only those who have true faith, hope and love will survive.

Lord have mercy on us and save us, for without Thee, we perish.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Orthodox in michigan wrote:

Yes very interesting i have a thought but it mey get removed by the thought police here,[baseless specualtion removed] ?

It's not the thought police; it's the rules of the forum which for one, call for polite discussion and for two, do not permit the type of rampant speculation you engage in on a regular basis. So, you can either comply or be gone permanently. It is completely your choice.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

jdigrande wrote:

Thank you for correcting your error in humility. May God grant us all the wisdom to separate fact from fiction and not be mislead by those who would twist the facts for their own purposes.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

Maria wrote:

Although the Diocese of Etna under Archbishop Kallinikos may be praised for starting their own seminary, they have opened a pandora's box because seminaries are always controlled by the accrediting boards who most likely have freemasons on staff. You can therefore bet that at least one of the seminarians, or at least one of the seminary instructors are freemasons.

Seminaries are not required to seek accreditation so long as they do not intend to accept federal funds/financial aid. To my knowledge, St. Photios Seminary, unlike St. Vladimir's does not intend to seek regional accreditation. I am not in the GOC-K so I cannot state this with certainty, but I have seen nothing indicating that is under consideration, perhaps for the very reasons you mention.

jdigrande
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by jdigrande »

I did not correct my error in humility:) I just corrected my error without any virtue attached to it whatsoever.