Who is the true ROCOR or ROCA now?

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

jdigrande
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Re: Who is the true ROCOR or ROCA now?

Post by jdigrande »

The only magical ordination of a bishop by priests or layman that I know of was Petros of Astoria in the 1950's.

Agios_Irineos

Post by Agios_Irineos »

jdigrande wrote:

St Matthew was a bishop and not just a monk in 1948 when he performed his single handed consecration after begging Chrysostomos of Florina for years to discard his heterodox beliefs and agree again to the union of 1935. It is also important to note that Chrysostomos was a big public admirer of Stalin and Pat. Alexi in 1944.

He also tried to contact bishops in Palestine, Poland and France (according to documents on the GOC websites). The bishop in Palestine was protesting the JP giving communion to New Calendar laymen. This was the same Patriarchate that accepted Anglican sacraments and priesthood as valid in 1922.
The bishop in Poland (Stephan) was in ROCOR and a staunch anti-ecumenist.

So then no synod of bishops was established in the 30s? Got it. Just want to keep the shifting theories straight. So the Post I responded to referred to the single handed “necessary and therefore not to be even questioned” consecration and not to the 30s? Are you also the poster Orthodox in Michigan?

jdigrande

Post by jdigrande »

One is always free to question the consecration of 1948. The Synod in 1935 (three bishops from the NC) was received by the 25,000 people in Greece who had protested because they repented of their 11 years in the NC.

I am not "Orthodox in Michigan."

The Cross of 1925 appeared above a church near Athens with no bishop present and no bishop under which the parish was governed. Masons do not have the power to govern within the Orthodox Church. Just like members of the KGB do not have any power to govern as a bishop or priest within the Orthodox Church

The Council of 1924 was led by Masons and they have no power to enact anything having to do with the Orthodox Church other than to further render themselves burdened with more heresies. The only spiritual power they possess is the power to repent and that is what three of them did in 1935.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

jdigrande, can you explain Bishop Petros of Astoria's magical consecration ? I don't know anything about that situation, except that Rocor Bishops participated ? But you are saying that priests and/or laymen performed that consecration.
So the Rocor Bishops, including St John Maximovitch and Archbishop Averky of Syracuse, only lent moral support to fellow Old Calendarists among the Greeks in the US ?

Please shed more light as to how you perceive that event. I would like to understand better.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Cyprian »

jdigrande wrote:

It is also important to note that Chrysostomos was a big public admirer of Stalin and Pat. Alexi in 1944.

Joseph, please tell me more. Where can I find this documented?

jdigrande

Post by jdigrande »

It is somewhere in one of the GOC websites. I read about it about 6 months ago.

Bishop Petros was made a bishop by a group of priests and layman in the mid 1950's. ROCOR had nothing to do with this. ROCOR bishops were friends with him before and after this episcopal ordination. I am sure the members on this site who are in Greek synods are aware of this. I think this happened in 1957 and I was in shock when I read about it. It was 3-4 years before Acacias Papas was ordained at midnight in Detroit by a ROCOR New Calendar Romanian bishop (Theophilus) and OC bishop (Seraphim). I will try and find this myself again but have been very busy and sick of late.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Amazing -- !

Well don't worry about finding the sources until you feel better. That should be the very top priority. Get plenty of rest above all.