What is this True Orthodox Church (RTOC-MM) cited in Wiki?

Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Archimandrit Nilos

Re: What is this True Orthodox Church (RTOC-MM) cited in Wik

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

In no way ! Such Episcopi vagantes must be detect in any case.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Didn't quite understand that reply, Archimandrite. But I assume you are "outraged" that such episcopal pretenders are
being taken seriously when they are in fact from a vagante jurisdiction. Is that what you meant to convey ?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Didn't quite understand that reply, Archimandrite. But I assume you are "outraged" that such episcopal pretenders are
being taken seriously when they are in fact from a vagante jurisdiction. Is that what you meant to convey ?

Perhaps, Arch. Nilos is upset that Wiki is allowing these pretenders to promote their vagante jurisdiction as a valid one.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Archimandrit Nilos

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

Yes, I agree indeed with Maria.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Re: What is this True Orthodox Church cited in Wiki?

Post by Justice »

Bishop_Irineos wrote:
Maria wrote:

What is the name of this priest?
There are several priests I have encountered on Facebook, but I do not recognize them as members of any recognized TOC groups.

I believe he is Fr. Symeon Parsons

Isn't Fr Symeon now with your church Bishop Irineos? Why did Fr Symeon end up leaving the RTOC-AdNA?

Orthodox in Michigan
Faith: Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC Archbishop Pachomios

Post by Orthodox in Michigan »

Justice wrote:
Bishop_Irineos wrote:
Maria wrote:

What is the name of this priest?
There are several priests I have encountered on Facebook, but I do not recognize them as members of any recognized TOC groups.

Isn't Fr Symeon now with your church Bishop Irineos? Why did Fr Symeon end up leaving the RTOC-AdNA?

How are priests received if comming from a vagante jurisdiction?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Orthodox in michigan wrote:
Justice wrote:
Bishop_Irineos wrote:

How are priests received if comming from a vagante jurisdiction?

Their history will need to be investigated.
In searching for the truth, many priests have flipped from one jurisdiction to another.
We cannot blame them as they are searching and have been misled.
First, the bishop must find out where they were baptized, and if the baptism was correct.
Then he must check into the priest's reception of Holy Orders. Was this done correctly, or was it done incorrectly by a vagante jurisdiction.

Some vagante jurisdictions claim to have Old Catholic, Protestant, and Orthodox Christian Orders as if the more the merrier. Run far from them.
Usually priests and laity from vagante jurisdictions will need to receive all the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Chrismation, and Communion).

If laity, deacons, or priests have received baptism correct in the ROCOR, but then switched to a vagante jurisdiction, then chrismation will usually be done, so Baptism will not be repeated. If those in Holy Orders are found to have received correct Holy Orders in the ROCOR, but then switched to a vagante jurisdiction, then there is usually a laying on of hands, but Holy Orders is not repeated.

Members of the clergy and laity who change from one TOC synod to another are usually received by chrismation, followed by laying on of hands for those in Holy Orders.

Members of the clergy and laity who are in irregular circumstances (vagante jurisdictions) could be received by either baptism or chrismation, followed by Holy Orders or laying on of hands for those in Holy Orders.

Again, it is a decision that the Bishop must make.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.