Mom Hip Replacement Surgery Dec. 12

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Mom Hip Replacement Surgery Dec. 12

Post by Barbara »

Thanks much for letting us know, Luke. I was wondering how your mother was recovering.
Instead of aspirin, which is toxic, what about the Herb White Willow from which aspirin was 1st made > ?
You could try offering that healthier pain-reducing remedy once you get feeling better yourself !

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

Update: After not seeing Mom for a week on account of fighting a cold, I was pleased Wednesday to see her getting around more. Her physical therapist now has her using a cane 1/2 day and her walker the other half. My only concern is that she gets leg cramps in the area worked on at night. Her doctor prescribed Methocarbamol, but she only tried it one night and did not like how she felt the next day. Now we are trying to see if a little heat before going to sleep will help.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

I am very grateful that your mom is listening to her body and refusing drugs that make her feel unwell.

Know that I am praying for her during this season of the Nativity.

Christ is born. Glorify Him.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

How is your mother doing now, a week later, on the Feast of St Basil the Great ?
Let us know any developments as you are able !

PS Take care of that cold !
PPS See Maria's post
http://www.euphrosynoscafe.com/forum/vi ... 147#p71859
for an aromatic but probably highly effective idea to reduce symptoms at the most rapid pace, far outclassing any medicinal attempt at taming colds. Those latter never work.

Lemon socks also succeed well. Follow same recipe but confine to organic lemon juice and/or pulp. This is said to work like a charm.