Accounts of Cyprianism in ROCIE-V?

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Accounts of Cyprianism in ROCIE-V?

Post by Justice »

Im thinking of joining the ROCIE-V, but before I join I want to know if there's been any recorded accounts of Cyprianism in the Church.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Accounts of Cyprianism in ROCIE-V?

Post by Maria »

I do not think so. If there were any deeply held Cyprianistic beliefs, then most likely Archbishop Vladimir of ROCIE would have joined the SIR (Synod in Resistance or Cyprianites) or the Kallinikites as both groups were trying to consolidate all the TOCs into their Synods in the years 2012 through 2015. Instead, Archbishop Vladimir and his council of bishops penned a very strong epistle in October 2015 against the heresies, schismatics, and innovators who would destroy the Church if they could. Obviously, this Epistle was directed at the former SiR who had attempted to entice other TOCs to join their schism in the name of [false] peace and [false] unity.

I just checked the website for ROCIE under Vladyka Vladimir. They have a lot of churches and home-chapels, especially in Russia. A few are not listed, no doubt because of continuing persecution.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

Thank you Maria, could you please link me the website?

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Good, it's great that you are so clear-minded, Justice. You stipulated that you will not join any Synod with a taint of Cyprianism.
Well done !

Rest assured that neither ROCiE nor Archbishop Tikhon of Omsk have any 'truck' with the Cyprianite error.

You will do just fine if you join ROCiE. The former Vladimirsky Convent which was under the famed Abbess Ariadna, herself the spiritual daughter of holy Abbess Rufina, is under that group. Unfortunately, the Convent hit some hard times. It used to have a powerful spiritual influence on San Francisco Bay Area Rocor members, as witnessed by reading old publications.

Mark Templet

Post by Mark Templet »

To bad you aren't near one of ours. ROAC anathematized Cyprianism a long time ago. I can promise you there is none among us. God be with you!

Fr. Mark Templet
ROAC

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by Priest Siluan »

I just ask you investigate more, the Abp. Vladimir's group has not a canonical origin.

Justice
Sr Member

Post by Justice »

What do you mean by that? Did they break away from another Synod?