Win the Battle Against CardioVascular Disease Naturally

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Win the Battle Against CardioVascular Disease Naturally

Post by Maria »

In Dr. Hyman's blog, he writes the following:

The “EPIC” study published in the Archives of Internal Medicine studied how 23,000 people adhered to four simple behaviors: Not smoking, exercising 3.5 hours a week, eating a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy weight. Adhering to those four behaviors alone prevented 93 percent of diabetes, 81 percent of heart attacks, 50 percent of strokes, and 36 percent of all cancers.

Likewise, the INTERHEART study, published in the Lancet in 2004, followed 30,000 people in 52 countries. Researchers found changing lifestyle could prevent at least 90 percent of all heart disease.

Other research shows lifestyle intervention becomes more effective than almost any other traditional medical intervention to reduce cardiovascular disease, hypertension, heart failure, stroke, cancer, diabesity and deaths from all causes.

http://drhyman.com/blog/2016/04/21/the- ... edication/

He gives these 10 guidelines:

1. Eat a healthy diet. ...
  2. Steady your blood sugar. ...
  3. Increase your fiber. ...
  4. Avoid processed, junk foods. ...
  5. Increase omega-3 fatty acids. ...
  6. Eliminate ALL hydrogenated fat. ...
  7. Avoid or reduce alcohol intake. ...
  8. Take quality supplements. ...
  9. Get out and move! ...
  10. Manage stress levels. Stress alone can cause a heart attack. ...

Please click the link above as I have only posted the highlights, but his entire article is very well written and could save your life.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Win the Battle Against CardioVascular Disease Naturally

Post by Barbara »

Regarding the danger of heart attacks, I happened to read after I saw this thread that the MINERAL MAGNESIUM is instrumental in helping either prevent heart attacks -- or survive them if one is so unfortunate as to suffer such a catastrophe.

Reliable studies have showed that nearly all heart attack patients who fared poorly had very low levels of MAGNESIUM in their blood.

Thus we gain a tip that boosting MAGNESIUM can be key to avoid or withstanding successfully any heart problem.

It is good anyway to ensure we all have plenty of MAGNESIUM every day. Almonds are one easy form to eat ; otherwise Floradix Magnesium, a liquid supplement, is ideal if possible to afford it. It needs to be kept refrigerated, though.

I am mentioning this now during these tense days of Holy Week with long services when energy levels need to be kept high. Don't resort to sugary carbohydrates to keep up one's stamina - but stock up on Magnesium instead !

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Win the Battle Against CardioVascular Disease Naturally

Post by Barbara »

Another excellent thing to eat if the urge to munch strikes anyone is Coconut Butter - must be 100 % Organic.
Don't choose the first Coconut Butter jar on the shelf ! Look through them carefully and pick probably the Artisana brand which is the most reliable in my opinion.

This is healthy and also has a pleasant tropical taste which could be calming by itself. As well as good for arteries, teeth [ as Maria has pointed out earlier here ] and much else.