HISTORICAL-COURSE OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: HISTORICAL-COURSE OF THE CHURCH OF CHRIST

Post by Maria »

Jean-Serge wrote:

What I still need to have translated in the correspondence between Matthewites and the Synod of Auxence in the 1970s because 2 letters are available at the moment in the Internet, the ones displayed by Stavros Makrou.

Regarding Matthewite not knowing, I am a bit reserved because at this time, in Paris, the Romanian parish under ROCOR used the new calendar. And one of the bishop that consecrated Akakios or Auxentios, I do not remember was himself a Romanian using new calendar but in communion with ROCOR. Did they ignore it at this time? It is difficult to know.

Regarding Putin, as KGB agent, he was essentially making boring administrative stuff in Russian and later in Germany. He was not a James Bond or very high ranking in the organisation. The medals he got there were all for seniority. KGB must have employed so many people at this time with different ranks from typist to high officials.

It did not matter who had consecrated Akakios or Auxentios as both had been defrocked by the GOC. Since neither man revealed that he had been defrocked after leaving the GOC in schism, their consecration would have been just another schismatic act. And this was proven to be true as Auxentios was later dropped from the ROCOR and then deposed by his own peers. Although Auxentios' deposition was irregular since the opposing new Synod had staged mass consecrations at midnight to meet the canonical number of bishop required for holding a spiritual trial against a fellow bishop, so was Auxentios' consecration.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Jean-Serge, if you can kindly email me those letters, I might be able to get someone to translate them.
There is evidence of those letters and possibly more in the documents I have been reading. Met. Kyrikos has a lot of correspondence too and apparently Markos got access through Kyrikos.

So maybe, just maybe, some of these letters have already been translated, but just have not been posted on any websitew.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

I have viewed at length the epistle of the GOC sent in February of 1976, in which the GOC terminates its communion with the ROCOR. http://genuineorthodoxchurch.com/GOC_ROCOR_feb1976.htm

The ROCOR statement No. 3.5.760 is dated 22.9.74 and is listed below. This is the final straw that broke the camel's back.
This ROCOR statement is copied into the February 1976 GOC letter to the ROCOR on pages 4 and 5.

Concerning the matter relative to the presence or the non-existence
of God's Grace among the Followers of the New Calendar, the
Russian Church Outside of Russia do not consider themselves
or any other local Church as having the authority to make a final
[page 4]

decision, as a final settlement on this matter can only be effected
through a properly convened competent Ecumenical Council, with
the indispensable participation of a free Church of Russia
. [page 5]

Note that the colored font is my emphasis.

In the first clause of this important sentence [in teal font], one can clearly see Chrysostom of Florina's line of thought (later developed by Cyprian of the SiR and popularly called Cyprianism). Note that at this time in 1976, Cyprian was not even a bishop in the schismatic Auxentios Synod. From where did the ROCOR get this heresy? Was Auxentios preaching this line to the ROCOR? Or was it Anthony of Geneva?

One can also see [in blue font] the kernel of thought, which precisely led to the union with the MP. Again, this could have been planted by Anthony of Geneva because he wanted union with the MP and visited the Soviet Union. Remember that during this time, the Soviets were killing True Bishops, and yet, Anthony of Geneva had some sort of immunity granted to him by the Soviets. Why? This is why I think he was a KGB agent.

Has the GOC-K rejected this 1974 statement of the ROCOR? And has ROCA under Agafangel done the same?

Edit: apparently both the GOC-K and the ROCA under Agafangel have rejected the 1974 statement of ROCOR when they had their GOC-K, SiR, and ROCA union of 2014, and issued their own documents against the heresy of Pan-Ecumenism.

Last edited by Maria on Sat 27 February 2016 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added edited comment for clarification

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Remember that ROCA under Agafangel proudly claims to be the true successor of ROCOR. If ROCA has not rejected this 1976 ROCOR statement, then she is bound to join the MP sometime in the future.

If the Sister Church to the GOC-K, ROCA - Agafangel, joins the MP, then the GOC-K will also be in communion with the MP. They would all be compromised.

When I visited a ROCA - Agafangel parish back in 2013 before I joined the GOC under Archbishop Stephanos in Feb. 2015, several ROCA parishioners told me that they wanted to join the MP and that they were singing in the MP choir whenever the ROCOR-MP hierarchs visited Los Angeles. This shows that ROCA under Agafangel is compromised and is part of Old Calendar Ecumenism. It is only a matter of time when ROCA - Agafangel will join the MP.

When I visited this ROCA parish again in 2014 shortly after their union with the Kallinikites, again they said that they wanted to join the MP. Nothing has changed. Nothing.

Archimandrit Nilos

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

Yes, indeed. Unfortunately for the ROCOR the matter of the presence or non existence of the grace of the Holy Spirit among the followers of Neo_calendarists was the follow: ROCOR do not consider themselves or any other local church has in no way the autority to make a final decision about this matter. ROCOR has had ecclesiastical communion with Neo-Calendarists, especially the Diocese of Western Europe has had ecclesiastical communion in Geneve with the so called "Ecumenical Patriarchate" and also with the ecumenistic Archbishopric of the rue Daru. Especially Anthony Bartocevitch, the Archbishop of Western Europe was a great ecumenist. Also in Germany were few parishes with the New Calendar in communion with the ROCOR. This is exactly the ecclesiology of Kyprianos Koutsoumpas.
The term “Cyprianites” signifies the parasynagogue and heresy formed in the 1970’s around the person of the so-called Metropolitan of Oropos and Filii, Cyprian — a schismatic from the ranks of the Florinite Greek Old-Calendarists.

The vain-glorious archimandrite Cyprian began his episcopal ‘career’ by organizing an uncanonical and secret ordination of himself and seven other archimandrites in an attempted takeover of the leadership of the Greek Old-Calendarists in 1979, for which he and the others were deposed by the Florinite Synod. Most of the others repented; however, Cyprian did not, and not being able to find recognition with any other group, he developed a new, heretical ecclesiology to justify his isolation, validate his episcopacy, and put down his detractors as incompetant and unorthodox.

Metropolitan Cyprian taught that: 1) the ecumenical churches of World Orthodoxy who have been anathematized for their ecumenism still have the grace of God in their mysteries, 2) he applies the label of “ill” or “sick” to the heretics, which are terms only applicable to sinners who are members of the Church, and 3) he teaches that councils, not heresies, separate one from the Church.

In this way, he justifies his ecclesiology of administering communion to, and accepting the mysteries of the heretics, regardless of whether they have fallen into ecumenism, modernism, or even papism. For he taught that until an Ecumenical Council, assembled from every Orthodox group, whether they be heretical or schismatic, declares the churches of World Orthodoxy invalid, he considers these organizations to be part of the Church.

This convoluted ecclesiology denies the existence of the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church, and brings one into communion with heresy. Therefore Cyprianism is rightly called crypto-ecumenism. Thus, the Cyprianites, being a schism turned heretical, should rightfully find a place in the LIST OF HERETICS.
Kyprianos was first coming from the New Calendar, first with Auxentios Pastras, after building with Kallistos Makris and "Metropolitan" Antonios, also a deposed Matthewite, an own graceless Akakian-Florinite parasynagogue with 8 Pseudometropolitans from the 7 till 14February1979 in schism from Auxentios, the "President" of this Pseudosynod was the deposed Matthewite "Metropolitan" of Corinthos Kallistos Makris (deposed by the Matthewites 1977 and after going to Auxentios): 1) Kyprianos Koutsoumpas of Oropos and Fili, 2) Maximos of Dimitrias, 3) the deposed Matthewite Kallinikos Sarantopoulos, now the leader of the Akakian-Florinites 4)Germanos of Aiolia 5) Kalliopios, a deposed Matthewite 6) Kallinikos of Dodekanes 7) Merkourios of Knossos/Cyprus 8) Matthaios Inois, a deposed Matthewite.

Archimandrit Nilos

Post by Archimandrit Nilos »

http://thegoodheart.blogspot.ch/2011/08 ... ircus.html
This is the explication for the weak and also false ecclesiology of the ROCOR. The beginning is here: The Fond du Lac Circus says all.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Here is an interesting article by V. Moss: http://www.romanitas.ru/eng/TOC,%201970-2000.htm

THIRTY YEARS OF TRIAL: THE TRUE ORTHODOX CHRISTIANS OF GREECE, 1970-2000

In Vladimir Moss' above article, he attacks the GOC for not joining Auxentios while at the same time he shows how rotten Auxentios was. How could V. Moss have expected the GOC to join with Auxentios when that same bishop was backstabbing the GOC at every opportunity and was also ordaining unworthy persons as priests and as bishops?

The only positive thing which Auxentios did was to issue that 1974 encyclical against the New Calendarists. This was surprising as ROCOR, only a few months later, decided to issue their 1974 statement, which contradicted the Auxentios encyclical of 1974.

Code: Select all

[list]Concerning the matter relative to the presence or the non-existence of God's Grace among the Followers of the New Calendar, the Russian Church Outside of Russia do not consider themselves or any other local Church as having the authority to make a final decision, as a final settlement on this matter can only be effected through a properly convened competent Ecumenical Council, with the indispensable participation of a free Church of Russia. (pages 4 & 5 of 1976 GOC Epistle to ROCOR)[/list]

Interestingly, while the GOC split from the ROCOR over this matter, the Auxentios Synod did not.