PP wins in Californa - really sad news

This forum is for polite discussion of political and social topics that may be uncomfortable for inquirers and some members. This includes anything politically charged, conspiracy theories, and/or end-times theories. All Forum Rules apply.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

PP wins in Californa - really sad news

Post by Maria »

AB 775 Passes Senate and is headed to the Governor's Desk

Capitol Resources Institute email wrote:

Assembly Bill 775 -The Abortion Bullying Bill on a 23-14 vote along party lines. AB 775 forces Crisis Pregnancy Centers to advertise for abortion,

AB 775 is pushing citizens who are freely exercising their religion by lovingly reaching out to women to care for them in a time of crisis - pushing them violate their beliefs by advertising for abortion.

Lord have mercy. This bill would force all the Crises Pregnancy Centers to close because they cannot advertise for abortion.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: PP wins in Californa - really sad news

Post by Barbara »

EW !!! All this is appalling.

Also beyond belief is the forcing of The Little Sisters of the Poor, a solid Catholic order of nuns, effectively agree to allow abortions amongst their employees. And who KNOWS who else associated with the order's work would be affected ?

"Without relief, The Little Sisters face millions of dollars in IRS fines because they cannot comply with the government’s mandate that they give their employees free access to contraception, sterilization, and abortion-inducing drugs.

Previously, the U.S. Supreme Court temporarily protected the Little Sisters from the mandate. The Little Sisters then went before the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals in Denver to extend that protection, but the appeals court ruled against them. Today, the appeals court upheld that ruling.

Sr. Loraine Marie Maguire, Mother Provincial of the Little Sisters of the Poor responded to the appeals court ruling in an email to LifeNews.com: “As Little Sisters of the Poor, we simply cannot choose between our care for the elderly poor and our faith. And we should not have to make that choice, because it violates our nation’s commitment to ensuring that people from diverse faiths can freely follow God’s calling in their lives. For over 175 years, we have served the neediest in society with love and dignity. All we ask is to be able to continue our religious vocation free from government intrusion.”

http://www.lifenews.com/2015/07/14/cour ... s-mandate/

There needs to be a crowdfunding appeal to raise money for the Little Sisters of the Poor, famous for their care of the elderly needy of France, where the order was started by Jeanne Dugan, now canonized by the Roman Catholic Church, and 30 other countries, including America. Like the record-breaking appeal for the Oregon bakers who refused to bake for a homosexual "event". We will NOT name that event as it does NOT exist in spiritual life. Only in the Devil's agenda. Who wants to cater to the devil ? These bakers refused to cater to the human versions of that enemy for their illicit "event".

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity

Post by Cyprian »

What exactly makes The Little Sisters of the Poor a "solid" Catholic order of nuns? Why should Orthodox Christians care if Jeanne Dugan was canonized by the Roman Catholics and 30 other countries? Why should Orthodox Christians care if the world considers Mother Teresa a saint? She was a tool of the demons; all her works were to be seen of men, and were for the glory of the Antichrist pope, and not done for Christ.

The apostate Roman papacy is NOT the Church! It would be better if Orthodox Christians did not refer to Roman Catholics as the "Roman Catholic Church". Best to drop the word "Church" when speaking of Roman Catholics and Roman Catholicism.

Also, why should Orthodox Christians raise money for this heretical order or nuns, when the True Orthodox are struggling all over the world, and there is a lack of Genuine Orthodox churches and monasteries?

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian

Post by Maria »

I agree Cyprian.

This is a forum for True Orthodoxy, not one for raising money for the Roman Catholic Church.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Theophanes

Post by Theophanes »

As a former Papist for nearly 25 years, I wholeheartedly agree with what Cyprian expresses. I was a little befuddled (to put it mildly) by the wording and implicit rationale of Barbara's post in view of her RTOC affiliation?!? Maybe Barbara can provide some clarification as to her understanding of things papist vs. things Orthodox.

I believe strongly that much of what can elicit a wide, general platform for agreement, i.e. "the Pro-Life" or "Family" or "Caring for the Elderly" emphasis of the Vatican <an utter hypocrisy>, is and has been used by the Vatican to create a nexus with people (individuals and groups) that can then be exploited and maneuvered into the Ecumenism/Vatican II/Globalist web of deceit... benevolent-looking "Ministries" which are in reality just "tentacles" of the "New Evangelisation" Medussa that Karol J. Wojtyla, aka John Paul II, hawked. This may sound very cynical, I know, but if you truly understand what you're brushing up against when you brush up against judeo-papism, especially post-Vatican II edition, NO MATTER what face it is wearing with the encounter, you will understand that this is not at all cynical. It is hard truth. There is absolutely no room for soft thinking about things papist. I am not speaking of individuals caught in the papist-humanistic delusion (one of my dear sons is)... but rather the delusion itself and its overseers and propagators in Rome and elsewhere; especially in America. The Vatican is a mafia-like, geo-political city-state that serves Mammon and uses 'religiosity' as a cover for the evil it has perpetrated for centuries since its apostasy from the ancient pentarchy of the One, Holy, Catholic and Apostolic Church 1000 + years ago. It's blackness and insidiousness only intensifies with time. (An important read on this: http://ecumenizm.tripod.com/ECUMENIZM/index.html ).

Look at the Sisters of the Poor (Denver) website. Notice front and center on the Home page the advertisement for the upcoming "World Meeting of Families" so thoroughly praised and 'advertised' by the MSM. A false Pope is meeting with a false President in the shadow of the UN and speaking for the first time...addressing, that is, the US Congress. Even a cursory survey of the deceits and entanglements of both of these "leaders", and the use of a very generally appealing theme, "World Meeting of Families" should send shivers in all directions.

Barbara, I hope you can accept what I say here in a good and gracious way. I would say this to anyone who even looked in the direction of Rome, whichever tentacle happened to be in play at the time. We all have much to learn in the exceptionally confusing landscape we have to navigate these days. My dear wife and I try to remember the RTOC in our prayers daily.

Theophan

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

No, no. I was not saying that any of us here should donate to this cause. I merely said that the crowdfunding site, of which I had never heard before the Oregon baker scandal, might be a way for The Little Sisters to raise that money. No matter what, it's criminal that they are being forced to knuckle under.

The problem with our TOC causes is that no one else besides us will be moved by the problems and injustices ! Therefore, who will publicize a campaign to raise funds for any of our needs ? We don't have any friends or sympathizers in any public place, least of all the mainstream media.

I wish we COULD be raising money on one of these sites. It needs a certain type of personality to get out the word. Our clergy and parishioners are usually quiet, self-contained, not the loud type which is needed to gather attention for our troubles.

Perhaps we should have a thread on this topic by itself ?

Theophanes, I am VERY glad that you and your wife are praying for my RTOC. Are you members, or considering to join ?
I noted immediately that you did not state your jurisdiction. Perhaps undecided.

Theophanes

Post by Theophanes »

Barbara wrote:

No, no. I was not saying that any of us here should donate to this cause. I merely said that the crowdfunding site, of which I had never heard before the Oregon baker scandal, might be a way for The Little Sisters to raise that money. No matter what, it's criminal that they are being forced to knuckle under.

The problem with our TOC causes is that no one else besides us will be moved by the problems and injustices ! Therefore, who will publicize a campaign to raise funds for any of our needs ? We don't have any friends or sympathizers in any public place, least of all the mainstream media.

I wish we COULD be raising money on one of these sites. It needs a certain type of personality to get out the word. Our clergy and parishioners are usually quiet, self-contained, not the loud type which is needed to gather attention for our troubles.

Perhaps we should have a thread on this topic by itself ?

Theophanes, I am VERY glad that you and your wife are praying for my RTOC. Are you members, or considering to join ?
I noted immediately that you did not state your jurisdiction. Perhaps undecided.

Hello Barbara!

I didn't indicate (actually I removed) our affiliation. I did this knowing that a blog is a virtual minefield of potential misunderstandings and 'axes looking to be ground'... so I didn't want a 'misstep' on my part to reflect badly on our Church, which we love and revere dearly. We are, though, True Orthodox by description, though our hearts and lives have very far to go when "wearing" this 'title' before the fit becomes truly 'tailored' :>) We worship and struggle in the Traditional Russian Orthodox ethos.

Thank you for your kind remarks and friendliness!

In Christ,

Theophan