Discussion and criticism of GOC-K & SiR Union

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Jean-Serge
Protoposter

Re: Discussion and criticism of GOC-K & SiR Union

Post by Jean-Serge »

It seems that the letter is not intended for publication... For this, it would require the agreement of his letter at least.

Priidite, poklonimsja i pripadem ko Hristu.

προσκυνητής
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC of Greece - Met. Christophoros

Post by προσκυνητής »

The letter is addressed to the clergy and faithful of his Metropolis. So any recipient should be able to release it.

Romanos
Florida, USA

The content of any of my posts is strictly my own opinion and not the official position of St. Menas Greek Orthodox Chapel, the GOC of Greece, nor any of her clergy.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

προσκυνητής wrote:

The letter is addressed to the clergy and faithful of his Metropolis. So any recipient should be able to release it.

This encyclical was sent by email (cyberspace mail), but it was never published on Met. Chrysostomos' public website. Therefore, we should respect the Metropolitan's wishes and not publish it anywhere.

Mod Note: If any copy of this letter is published here at E Cafe, it will be moved into the mod forum with consequences for the person who has posted it.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Greg Adondakis
Jurisdiction: HOCNA/HOTCA - BYOA

Post by Greg Adondakis »

Will that rule take effect for all letters? Seems very odd and maybe a little self-serving. We have books containing letters of hierarchs...

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Greg Adondakis wrote:

Will that rule take effect for all letters? Seems very odd and maybe a little self-serving. We have books containing letters of hierarchs...

Greg, if someone posted that encyclical letter of Met. C., you would copy and post it immediately at the Yahoo group Paradosis.

προσκυνητής
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC of Greece - Met. Christophoros

Post by προσκυνητής »

I find it strange that a letter that was a combination ecclesiological statement and pastoral admonition to his clergy and flock By Met. Chrysostomos of Etna is being treated as private correspondence.

Romanos
Florida, USA

The content of any of my posts is strictly my own opinion and not the official position of St. Menas Greek Orthodox Chapel, the GOC of Greece, nor any of her clergy.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

προσκυνητής wrote:

I find it strange that a letter that was a combination ecclesiological statement and pastoral admonition to his clergy and flock By Met. Chrysostomos of Etna is being treated as private correspondence.

Please do not add to the dissension.

The following memo to all Intra-TOC Posters is a joint statement of our E Cafe Administration:

This private encyclical was addressed to specific people, but then passed out to the Metropolitan's ecclesiastical email list as a warning to others to avoid dissension. It is a private correspondence that became a semi-private open letter. It was not intended for the world or the GOC-K church at large, but only for his Metropolia. We should respect the Metropolitan's intentions and that of the people whom he addressed.

St. Paul admonishes us to correct those who have erred in private first. According to St. Paul's teachings, which are currently the ecclesiastical policy of the Holy Orthodox Church, only if such corrected individuals refuse to submit in obedience, then they will be corrected publicly. The Synod of the GOC-K will have to consider this first before the Metropolitan takes it to the next level.

Therefore if anyone were to release this letter prematurely to others before the GOC-K Synod has had time to make a determination, and then this private email were to become public knowledge on Paradosis and other sites, this premature release would be the sin of gossip. Specifically, it is none of our business.