Newly Reconstituted True Orthodox Milan Synod: Polemics

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Re: Newly Reconstituted True Orthodox Milan Synod: Polemics

Post by Suaidan »

Aw. Italian. That's cute. I feel so Western now, seeing a former one of our own using the "you can't read Greek" excuse.

Charming, honestly, considering that both of your reigning former hierarchs speak English fine, as do you. There's no reason to condescend to the stupid Americans. Really.

Milan was never "part" of the Synod of Archbishop Maximus, because we remember well that period-- in fact, due to our demands the "communion" was never enforceable in America, because we refused to be in communion with the notorious Pangratios (Vrionis) and received confirmation from Milan to that effect. Within 6 months that communion fell apart.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Father Roman
Jr Member

Post by Father Roman »

In the official Site of the Synod of Milan there are some fotographs of the imerologhion 2000 of HB Maximos - For the rest, I'm not going to speak with you

Archimandrit Roman
Ορθόδοξη Αρχιεπισκοπή της Kλάσης
Православна Митрополія Західної Європи

http://sangiulio.org
Ο Φάρος της Ορθοδοξίας - http://alexandriapress.wordpress.com/

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

Father Roman wrote:

In the official Site of the Synod of Milan there are some fotographs of the imerologhion 2000 of HB Maximos - For the rest, I'm not going to speak with you

I don't care if you are going to speak with me. We can read Italian just fine. And you wish to mislead these people with your stories. We joined the Synod many years ago for the sake of joining with the truth and if you wish to argue you will do so along those lines.

As to your claim I present the English translation of Metr Evloghios' statement himself in 2000:

From the Office of Metropolitan EVLOGHIOS, Chief Hierarch (Primate), Given February 1/14, 2000
The Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia of Western Europe and the Americas, its Synod of Bishops and clergy, are not a part of the Church of an Archbishop Maximos of Greece. Any statement from that Church to the contrary is false.

Do you know where that comes from? It comes from the official site.

https://web.archive.org/web/20000407184 ... state2.htm

Did you know that Internet Archive actually stores old websites and that one can actually follow the history of our Synod directly by clicking internet links? That virtually all the Synod's history since 1997 actually has a physical record?

P.S. Don't bother trying to "fix" it like with the Wiki pages. We've already archived all the records.

Father Roman
Jr Member

Post by Father Roman »

You like to defame your former Church. So be it! However, the documents oiriginali of communion between the two Churches are in possession of the Archives and I am the caretaker. Can you show me the calendars of the Church Paleoimerologhita of 1999? of 2000? - I am in possession of the original letters and the declaration of intercommunion between our Church and the SYNOD HB Maximos.
That statement was published only to specify that our church was independent of the Synod of HB Maximos and then we were not involved with Pankratios.
Shame on You Suaiden!

Stop slandering your church. Ask God for forgiveness for what you're doing - You're wasting your intelligence. Reply well with your usual arrogance but I admonish you to ask for forgiveness!

Archimandrit Roman
Ορθόδοξη Αρχιεπισκοπή της Kλάσης
Православна Митрополія Західної Європи

http://sangiulio.org
Ο Φάρος της Ορθοδοξίας - http://alexandriapress.wordpress.com/

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

Father Roman wrote:

You like to defame your former Church. So be it! However, the documents oiriginali of communion between the two Churches are in possession of the Archives and I am the caretaker. Can you show me the calendars of the Church Paleoimerologhita of 1999? of 2000? - I am in possession of the original letters and the declaration of intercommunion between our Church and the SYNOD HB Maximos.
That statement was published only to specify that our church was independent of the Synod of HB Maximos and then we were not involved with Pankratios.
Shame on You Suaiden!

Stop slandering your church. Ask God for forgiveness for what you're doing - You're wasting your intelligence. Reply well with your usual arrogance but I admonish you to ask for forgiveness!

Dear HieroMonk Roman,

Are you now saying that Metropolitan Evloghios did not make the statement which was on his official website for more than a year? Seriously?

What you are referring to is something the Americans were in fact responsible for. Your leaders didn't care about Pangratios until we protested. Originally, Milan made a statement that the intercommunion in Europe did not affect communion in America. Until you realized your mistake for yourselves.

I have heard the former Metropolitan Evloghios is now in the early stages of dementia, as he is almost 80 years old and is now just led around to do what he is told. Who is running the Synod now? Abundius or Volodymyr? I assume Volodymyr, as he just inexplicably wrote me on Facebook about my "pocket Bishop" comment.

It's a shame, because I really respected both Evloghios and Volodymyr (who translated the Milanese liturgy before it was finally lost). I wish they could have my respect today.

Please use correct clergy titles. Not only is this improperly addressing a member of the clergy, but also this is baiting and inflaming an already tense situation.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Thank you, Father Roman.

By the way, I am no longer a priest; I resigned for personal reasons earlier this year. I remain True Orthodox, however.

Thank you for the clarification about Auxentios of Aegina.

I will refrain from further comment at this time, as I must complete some tasks before the end of the year and it would be an improper use of my time to keep posting on this issue.

Anastasios

Father Roman wrote:

Carissimo Padre Anastasio, mi scuso ma devo usare la lingua italiana.
Mi scuso ulteriormente per essere sembrato sgarbato con le mie risposte, ma le giuro che c'è stato solo un fraintendimento dovuto alla differenza di lingua.
Le dico subito che con il metropolita Avxentios (che lei chiama Avxentios II) il nostro Santo sinodo non è stato mai e ripeto mai in comunione. Avxentios è arrivato 2 volte a Milano mentre ancora faceva parte del Santo Sinodo di Sua Beatitudine Maximos e io sono stato suo ospite in Egina. Dopo di che, realmente non sappiamo che fine abbia fatto. La comunione con Angelo è stata un grande errore di prospettiva. Uno sbaglio.

Le chiedo scusa per aver usato la lingua italiana, ma sono di fretta e non ho sufficiente tempo per risponderle in Inglese.

Le prometto di riscrivere il messaggio in inglese.

I ask Your pardon Fr. Anastasios - I apologize for this misunderstanding,

+Your Fr. Roman

Dear Father Roman,

Please provide an English translation of this post within 48 hours. The foreign language forums on this board are the only areas where non-English languages are allowed.

Respectfully yours in Christ,
Maria