Newly Reconstituted True Orthodox Milan Synod: Polemics

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Re: Newly Reconstituted True Orthodox Milan Synod: Polemics

Post by Anastasios »

I went to the websites linked by Fr. Roman and read them thoroughly. I noticed on the new official Milan website that they have listed Archbishop Maximos of Athens as a reposed hierarch, having reposed in 2010.

Met. Evlogios joined union with Bp. Angelos of Avlona at some point in late 2009/early 2010, right? Before Archbishop Maximos reposed?

I recall at one time on the Milan Synod website (the old one) they said they were in communion with Auxentios "II" (who was consecrated I believe by Arch. Maximos and soi disant bishop Demetrios Biffe, but who was not in communion with Maximos at the time of his death in 2010).

What I am seeing is:

1) Affirmed communion with Arch. Maximos after the death of Arch. Auxentios
2) At some point entered communion with Auxentios "II", a breakaway bishop, while Maximos was still alive
3) Joined union with Bp. Angelos of Avlona, while Arch. Maximos was still alive and Auxentios II is still alive
4) List Arch. Maximos as a reposed hierarch after the fact.

Seems like there is a history of changing things "after the fact."

I try to believe the best about people, but that is just strange.

Father Roman
Jr Member

Post by Father Roman »

Yours is a very contorted reasoning. I put That listit there and it is a "simple list" of Hierarchs important for our church and who are now dead.
It is not a list of dates regarding our inter communions. Your frantic analysis borders on the pathological...

Dear Father Roman,

Please be careful with your responses so that they do not sound like ad hominems. Remember to address the topic of conversation by commenting on the points made in the posts, but avoid taking pot shots at the posters.

In Christ,
Maria
E Cafe Moderator

Archimandrit Roman
Ορθόδοξη Αρχιεπισκοπή της Kλάσης
Православна Митрополія Західної Європи

http://sangiulio.org
Ο Φάρος της Ορθοδοξίας - http://alexandriapress.wordpress.com/

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Father Roman wrote:

Yours is a very contorted reasoning. I put That listit there and it is a "simple list" of Hierarchs important for our church and who are now dead.
It is not a list of dates regarding our inter communions. Your frantic analysis borders on the pathological...

By the way, Anastasios is simply trying to determine the line of apostolic succession of your jurisdiction, which is confusing.
It would be awesome if you could help him.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Anastasios
Sr Member

Post by Anastasios »

Father Roman wrote:

I'm going to hope that there is some type of language barrier at work here, because:

1) there is nothing frantic about my analysis--I don't have a vested interest in your bishop or jurisdiction, and I just stumbled across this thread months after it was started.
2) there is nothing pathological about my analysis.

You basically are calling me crazy.

You might want to tone down the rhetoric. First, because it's unchristian.

Secondly, because I own this site, and I won't hesitate to ban you in a second if you ever talk to me like that again.

Anastasios
Sr Member

Post by Anastasios »

I posted my question/musings because I have a good memory and recall the different allegiances.

I read the new Milan website with an open mind, to learn what was going on. I did not find all the answers I was looking for.

Thank you for the clarification that it was "just" a page of deceased and respected hierarchs. That begs the question, however: did your Synod ever apologize to Archbishop Maximos for entering communion with Met. Auxentios II and later Met. Angelos?

In fact, why is it that just 1 year after being given autonomy from Archbishop Auxentios, Met. Evloghios co-consecrated Arch. Chrysostomos of Etna in Greece with Met. Cyprian of Oropos and Fili? If he was still in communion with Arch. Auxentios, and Fili is like 20 miles from Athens, wasn't that kind of a slap in the face and an intrusion in the mother Church's canonical territory?

I am asking these difficult questions not because I want to throw mud at you, but because I want to know what your Church says about these things. If you have a good answer, then let's hear it.

Thank you.

Father Roman
Jr Member

Post by Father Roman »

Carissimo Padre Anastasio, mi scuso ma devo usare la lingua italiana.
Mi scuso ulteriormente per essere sembrato sgarbato con le mie risposte, ma le giuro che c'è stato solo un fraintendimento dovuto alla differenza di lingua.
Le dico subito che con il metropolita Avxentios (che lei chiama Avxentios II) il nostro Santo sinodo non è stato mai e ripeto mai in comunione. Avxentios è arrivato 2 volte a Milano mentre ancora faceva parte del Santo Sinodo di Sua Beatitudine Maximos e io sono stato suo ospite in Egina. Dopo di che, realmente non sappiamo che fine abbia fatto. La comunione con Angelo è stata un grande errore di prospettiva. Uno sbaglio.

Le chiedo scusa per aver usato la lingua italiana, ma sono di fretta e non ho sufficiente tempo per risponderle in Inglese.

Le prometto di riscrivere il messaggio in inglese.

I ask Your pardon Fr. Anastasios - I apologize for this misunderstanding,

+Your Fr. Roman

Dear Father Roman,

Please provide an English translation of this post within 48 hours. The foreign language forums on this board are the only areas where non-English languages are allowed.

Respectfully yours in Christ,
Maria

Archimandrit Roman

Father Roman
Jr Member

Post by Father Roman »

Dear Father Anastasius, I apologize but I have to use the Italian language for this post, but in these day I am really buzy and I hope google translatore can hel you to understand the sense of this post.
I apologize further I seemed to be rude with my answers, but I swear that there was just a misunderstanding due to the language difference.
I'll tell you right away that with Metropolitan Avxentios (which she calls Avxentios II) our Holy Synod has "never been" and "never" repeat in communion (I mean when Avxentios left the Synod of HB Maximos. Avxentios (the new) came 2 times in Milan to celebrate St. Julius of Egina and while still in Milan was part of the Holy Synod of His Beatitude Maximos and I was his guest in Aegina too in that time. After that, I really do not know what happened to he. A Communion with Angelos was a great error of perspective for us. A mistake!

I apologize for using the Italian language, but they are in a hurry and do not have enough time to answer in English.

I promise to rewrite the message in English.

I ask Your pardon Fr Anastasios (to Sister Maria and to all didn't understood me - I apologize for this misunderstanding.

Fr. Roman

Archimandrit Roman