Southern Orthodoxy - a video ministry

The practice of living the life in Christ: fasting, vigil lamps, head-coverings, family life, icon corners, and other forms of Orthopraxy. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
maximus
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: ROAC

Southern Orthodoxy - a video ministry

Post by maximus »

Good morning,

Recently, I have been given the assignment of producing a series of videos about Orthodoxy. I created a YouTube channel and hope to expand it soon. It's still rough and I'm still trying to acquire the right approach for making these videos, but God willing I hope it will help someone in their search for truth. The idea is to have interviews and discussions aimed towards those who are outside of the Church, in a style that is fitting to the times. Please pray that it may produce true spiritual fruit. And that we may proclaim the truth with boldness and wisdom. God's Will be done.

You can find the channel here: http://www.youtube.com/southernorthodoxy

“Sometimes men are tested by pleasure, sometimes by distress or by physical suffering. By means of His prescriptions the Physician of souls administers the remedy according to the cause of the passions lying hidden in the soul.”

+ St. Maximos the Confessor

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Southern Orthodoxy - a video ministry

Post by Maria »

Looks great, Maximus!

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: Southern Orthodoxy - a video ministry

Post by Barbara »

That's a bold endeavor ! Good for you, Maximus.
I will examine the Channel later when more time.

Definitely a real need to explain things from the point of view of non-Orthodox so they can grasp everything.
Sometimes there has been a yawning gap and this channel sounds like it could fill it.