Greetings

This forum is for polite discussions among the various True Orthodox Christians. Only confirmed members of TOC jurisdictions are permitted. However, TOC inquirers and catechumen may be admitted at the administrator's discretion. Private discussions should take place in DM's or via email. Formerly "Intra-TOC Private Discussions."

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: Greetings

Post by Matthew »

Yes, RTOC is the synod under the leadership of Metr. Tikhon.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

I should add, because you mentioned Abp Gregory of Colorado, a man I know well personally and respect, that he is a controversial figure amongst TOCs, but it is true to say that the majority of TOCs view him as a schismatic. I personally don't take a firm position against him, but I am sufficiently uncomfortable with his isolation that I would not commune there. It took soul searching for me to come to that decision because I have a good experience with him and have been helped greatly by him in the past, and am not willing to condemn or single him out.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Icxypion wrote:

I should add, because you mentioned Abp Gregory of Colorado, a man I know well personally and respect, that he is a controversial figure amongst TOCs, but it is true to say that the majority of TOCs view him as a schismatic. I personally don't take a firm position against him, but I am sufficiently uncomfortable with his isolation that I would not commune there. It took soul searching for me to come to that decision because I have a good experience with him and have been helped greatly by him in the past, and am not willing to condemn or single him out.

We must continue to pray for him as he was greatly injured by his association with HOCNA as were many other men and women.

Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Yes, that is exactly what I believe. I think that Panteleimon messed him up. He was a soft hearted and innocent little lamb when he joined the monastery and Panteleimon exploited that and treated him like a punching bag for all his perverted little emotional daemons. We must pray for dear Vladika Gregory.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

I was just reading your post about Panteleimon, when my computer began to shake and the dishes in the kitchen began to rattle. I think we just had a minor earthquake or a precursor. Even the though of him makes me shake inside. This is so sad. Lord have mercy.

Please pray for us in Los Angeles.

p.s. It was only the gale winds. We have had some pretty hefty winds following this arctic storm that just hit us.
It is rattling our roof.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Amen, may God help all of you in Los Angeles. There is also radiation from Fukushima Japan disaster that is hitting Los Angeles. Lord have mercy.

Priest Antonios
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Metropolia

Post by Priest Antonios »

So this is where the rest of my first thread went ;)

There is a lot of good information in here. Thank you Nathan and everyone else for the information.

-Antonios