1 Corinthians 4:6

Reading from the Old Testament, Holy Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Revelation, our priests' and bishops' sermons, and commentary by the Church Fathers. All Forum Rules apply.
Matthew
Protoposter

Re: 1 Corinthians 4:6

Post by Matthew »

I can tell you from experience that most of the profs at McGill Religious Studies Faculty are religious but actually unbelievers. Also I have personally witnessed their New Testament professor choose and prefer a more convoluted explanation of differences in the Greek Style of Mark's Gospel because it supported the degradation of Scriptural authority over a more straight forward explanation that fit the historical facts very simply and satisfactorily but supported the traditional position that Mark's Gospel is True and authored by St Mark. I will post the tidbit I wrote concerning this hypocrisy whilst I was in McGill for those who are interested. While I was there I do not remember this particular attack on Scripture but I am quite certain that if you email either Holy Cross in Boston (NT prof) or the New Testament prof at Regent College (who are famous for sound world class scholarship that defends traditional views on the Bible as inerrant) you will be able to have a readily prepared debunking of this claim your brother is hearing.

Fr. Theodore Stylianopoulos, Prof of Orth. Theo. and NT, tel. 617.850.1238,
EMAIL-link http://www.hchc.edu/academics/holycross ... ianopoulos

Rikk Watts, Prof of NT, rwatts@regent-college.edu

You might want to put the same question to both of them just out of interest to see how they both answer the question.

Matthew
Protoposter

Re: 1 Corinthians 4:6

Post by Matthew »

I could not find my little article on the point about Mark's Gospel, but I found a much more in depth article than mine here, which I scanned quickly and it seems to make the major points I did years ago when I came across this Q nonsense.

http://pleaseconvinceme.com/2012/marks- ... f-peter-2/