Jerusalem Patriarchate Leaves America

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Jerusalem Patriarchate Leaves America

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Oh my gosh, Corona ? I don't know where that is, but the name caught my attention, today especially !

Shrewd of you, Maria, thank you for explaining this apparent fraud --
i don't think it was publicized, so maybe there was too much doubt.

Plus, as you say, there was no apparent move to secure a seal of approval from a respectable hierarch
or hierarchs. Is that, then, how this process must usually work?

Yes, the hierarch should be immediately notified when any miracle or supernatural event occurs in any of his churches.

If an icon should start weeping holy myrrh, then a true Orthodox Bishop would normally take that icon to his chapel, perform exorcisms, and then wait to see if the icon continues to stream myrrh. Removing the icon and performing exorcisms are necessary because some priests and laity have committed fraud in the past. For example, the former ROCOR Christ of the Hills Monastery in Plano, Texas did this dastardly deed in an attempt to get more donations when they claimed that their very modernistic Theotokos was weeping myrrh. They even published a book about all the claimed miracles she worked, and sold oil dipped in this fragrant oil if the person contributed a certain amount of money.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Thank you for the helpful description of the correct process.

Did you happen to hear what the Blanco [is Plano the same area ?] supposed monastics had done
to make their MODERNISTIC - I had not realized that side of the story, ahaha -
icon stream myrrh ? Did the story ever get out ? Now that it's so far in the past, of course, no one
would be harmed by knowing, I assume.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

Thank you for the helpful description of the correct process.

Did you happen to hear what the Blanco [is Plano the same area ?] supposed monastics had done
to make their MODERNISTIC - I had not realized that side of the story, ahaha -
icon stream myrrh ? Did the story ever get out ? Now that it's so far in the past, of course, no one
would be harmed by knowing, I assume.

Sorry, please forgive me a sinner. It is Blanco, Texas. "Plano" was a mistake.

I was told of the fraud by my bishop in HOTCA. ROCOR has had a lot of rogue parishes, first HOCNA, then Christ of the Hills Monastery in Blanco, Texas. The deposed Blanco abbot, "Father" Benedict Greene, who was a Catholic convert, committed suicide after it was brought to light that he abused boys. After their daughter monastery in Wisconsin, St. Issac of Syria Monastery left ROCOR, they went under the Bulgarians, who dropped them due to improprieties committed by their new abbot. Lots of bad fruit.

Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy. Lord have mercy.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

It reminds one of how the Roman Catholic Church, the more it departed from Orthodoxy and communion with the True Church, also developed the tendency, which is now systemic and typically found in the thinking of the average Roman Catholic devotee, to run with all kinds of miracles and "proofs of grace" without sobriety as it has done with the "Holy Tortilla" in New Mexico (see http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/10166), or the Holy Bathroom Wall Mould (which has cropped up several times over the years. Here is just one recent example: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/0 ... 62593.html), and other nonsense. So, now that the PseudoDox of SCOBA and the EP have declared themselves to be one with the Roman Catholics, should it be surprising that they are beginning to gravitate towards the same kinds of flimsy proofs without much sobriety or examination if only that they might reassure themselves and the laity that they are still okay with God?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Icxypion wrote:

It reminds one of how the Roman Catholic Church, the more it departed from Orthodoxy and communion with the True Church, also developed the tendency, which is now systemic and typically found in the thinking of the average Roman Catholic devotee, to run with all kinds of miracles and "proofs of grace" without sobriety as it has done with the "Holy Tortilla" in New Mexico (see http://www.roadsideamerica.com/story/10166), or the Holy Bathroom Wall Mould (which has cropped up several times over the years. Here is just one recent example: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/0 ... 62593.html), and other nonsense. So, now that the PseudoDox of SCOBA and the EP have declared themselves to be one with the Roman Catholics, should it be surprising that they are beginning to gravitate towards the same kinds of flimsy proofs without much sobriety or examination if only that they might reassure themselves and the laity that they are still okay with God?

I had not thought of false miracles to lure people into World Orthodoxy, but it makes sense.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

I was just talking with an old Catholic friend the other day, and when I told him I refuse to come to the Pope, and that the Orthodox Church is the One True Church, he responded by saying, "In the Catholic Church we have worldwide visions of Mary. We have Lourdes, Garabandal, Medjugorije, Fatima, and many others. Does the Virgin appear like that in the Orthodox Church?" I said, no, but that the Holy Theotokos appears to many of our faithful and saints. His response was that this proved that Only the Catholic Church is the true one, because of this one thing that they have Mary appearing to many people at once in large groups and works miracles like stopping the sun or making it spin when you look at it. Yes, such devilish nonsense does delude and deceive the gullible. So the World Orthodox will eventually be drawn into the same thinking.

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by Priest Siluan »

Icxypion wrote:

Well, MP is going in the same "crazy" direction with his veneration of the "Holy Chair" of St. John of Shanghai....

See here more shocking pictures about:

http://www.pravmir.ru/kreslo-svyatitely ... kogo-foto/

PS: Apparently this kind of madness takes hold of those who have fallen away from the Truth.