A Reflection on Fr. Lawrence

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Re: A Reflection on Fr. Lawrence

Post by Suaidan »

mmcxristidis wrote:

Joe Suaiden,

Oh, that's lovely. 3 months with your new royally-pathological crew, and this is what you've become. You know, this is really shameful.

May as well address these charges, yet again.

How can any Orthodox Christian respect you or the synod who ordained you a deacon.

You mean Bishop who ordained me a deacon. Synods ordain Bishops. Bishops ordain deacons.

Last time I checked it was against the canons to ordain a divorced man with children, who was married while a member of the Gregory of Colorado cult ( one of the many jurisdictions, including World Orthodoxy you were a member of in the last 12 yrs. or so since converting )and may I add you were already baptized "Orthodox" by the HOCNA before that.

Since I don't really count World Orthodoxy as the Church, I've been in a total of three jurisdictions. I was baptized in HOCNA. I was a member of ROAC both before and after Gregory of Colorado. I've been in the Milan Synod almost five years (since mid-2006).

Now, on to the charges. While I was with HOCNA, I unfortunately "fell through the administrative cracks", and was baptized with my son, but my ex-wife (in a legal, but never a Church marriage) was never baptized. So I was never married. Though she formally accepted baptism when we were received into ROAC (she has, as far as I understand it, since reverted to Roman Catholicism) Gregory of Colorado wanted to baptize her two short months later when he realized she was never catechized. That said, I was never married in ROAC, despite my repeated protests that it needed to be done.

While I was in World Orthodoxy, one clergyman I dealt with simply brushed the issue under the table. Another said he would never do it, as he would be accountable for the results. Within a few months, the ex left as she decided she'd rather live in another state. Thus, when I was received back into ROAC, I was received alone. In fact, it was when I returned that a few clergy decided to make up a myth of a Church marriage. However, in fact I was never married in any church, let alone the Orthodox Church. My 1997 "wedding" consisted of the purchase of a license. Nothing more.

Then you went to Russia for a couple years after that, paid for by some mysterious benefactor ( very suspicious someone would pay your way and support you while there, and for what reason ? ).

Without handing over my resume, this is just a lie. I not only bought the ticket to Russia, but worked as a language tutor and teacher while I was there. I did borrow money at the outset, but In fact, by the end I was rather well paid because I worked a heavy schedule. It was one of the reasons I considered staying there: I had a better life economically there than most of my lifetime in the US, and frankly, St Petersburg was a wonderful city.

Now you are remarried with a new set of kids and made a deacon in Milan Synod. No self respecting, canon following bishop would dare ordain your likes a clergy.

Considering you are not a self-respecting, canon-following Bishop, I am not really sure how qualified you are to make such a judgment, but my marriage is considered my first marriage. And my relations with my children from my previous concubinage (which, technically, is what it was) are, well, none of your business.

even the graceless OCA would not dare do such a thing as you can see from this taken from their website

I wouldn't be so sure that you are right about that. After all, World Orthodoxy has at times even allowed widowed priests to remarry. Certainly they justify such actions. For canonical reasons it seems none of my detractors have figured out, my Bishop made an exception that he is perfectly capable and willing to defend himself. All of our clergy, save an exception or two (including myself) have followed the canonical procedures concerning marriage and ordinations. In fact, members of our Synod who had a problem with me personally have even appealed for my deposition on the "correct" canonical grounds (they'd also be mistaken by the way). Since the Bishop judged this in my individual case to be acceptable for tonsure and ordination, it no longer stands as a valid ground to discuss.

And now you say the OCA is graceless. How convenient. The royally pathological clique of three you have joined up with are very inconsistent with their thinking on the issue of grace. It seems to be when no one else notices the other True Orthodox in the room, "World Orthodoxy is graceless. But if one of those confounded 'super-correct' are in the room, WE SHALL SAY THAT WE ARE ON THE ROYAL PATH. WE RECOGNIZE THE GRACE OF WORLD ORTHODOXY; YOU ARE THE SUPER-CORRECT, WHEREAS WE ARE THE HALF-CORRECT. LEAVE US ALONE!" The truth is that I don't find ANY of what you three (and I am truly sorry I have to include you, but you sound like one of them now) say worthy of belief; you represent no one but yourselves. You three have relied on subterfuge and dishonest methods to try to control the information coming out of the ROCOR-A and Her Sister Churches to poison them against dialogue with other traditionalists.

Such goals are truly evil. And you should be ashamed of yourselves.

By the way, you should listen to NFTU radio. We talked a little bit about Father Anastasios' youth conference. You know, the one you falsely accused him of using to train youth to anonymously attack people on your slander site, "Of mice and moles" (" Is this is how they teach the Goc youth - that it is proper for Orthodox Christians to use Technology and social media to attack and insult bishops and other jurisdictions anonymously?"). It was at that point I realized you were far gone not just from what we do at NFTU, but from just basic reality. You have bought into this royally pathological world, and it is not the royal path, not the path of the ROCOR, the Synod in Resistance, or any other True Orthodox jurisdiction. It is just your own imaginations, and all three of you owe it to yourselves to get a real good confession. (UPDATE: I'm on "OF MICE AND MOLES"! YES! I've wanted to be now for like weeks. A couple of those people that are on the site are real nice folks, like Nicholas Gubbenet, and Fr Anastasios, and yes, finally, I am in "Posts Pending". AWESOME.)

Perhaps this was done as a payment for writing a favorable history of the Milan Synod

I believe I was already either a Reader or a Subdeacon by the time I wrote it, so such a theory is stupid.

and leaving out all those pesky embarrassing parts of their history.

I left in the largest "embarrassing parts". I was publicly forced to do so through myriad accusations. Looking back I am glad I had to. It's probably the most balanced history of a Synod written by one of its own members. I could have just ignored the slogging, but I am proud that my book "Lux Veritatis" stands as one of the most honest TOC histories, and one that even our most vocal enemies find virtually unassailable.

In any case I know no self-respecting jurisdiction would ever consider you clergy. Deacon Joseph, what a bad joke you and your synod are.

Oh, I think that's not a very smart thing to say, Minas. You should never judge another's ecclesiastical circumstances, especially another whole Synod's circumstances. It's extremely dangerous, and leads down a very dangerous path. A very good Bishop with whom you claim to be in communion once told me that. Attack me if you wish, but it's silly to attack a Synod of Bishops you've never met.

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

Well Joe, Im not sure about the circumstances of your present wife, I know she has three children from some previous relationship or marriage but it is a fact you have been married and divorced before remarrying and becoming a "deacon" so as far as Im concerned, and I would venture to say any other synod but Milan, you don't qualify to become a deacon.
Also your metropolitan was ordained by Moscow and remained there 17 yrs before starting your synod I believe which makes him highly suspect in my book
I did listen to some of your radio show and frankly it put me to sleep, yawn....i have better ways of wasting my time, perhaps if you get your fellow ex Gregory, HOCNA cult friend Brother Nathaniel Kapner on someday I will tune in for a laugh

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

mmcxristidis wrote:

Well Joe, Im not sure about the circumstances of your present wife, I know she has three children from some previous relationship or marriage but it is a fact you have been married and divorced before remarrying and becoming a "deacon" so as far as Im concerned, and I would venture to say any other synod but Milan, you don't qualify to become a deacon.

Did you not read a word I said? My previous "marriage" was a receipt for a license in 1997. That's it. Not even a justice of the peace. I am NOT getting into it further. Most Orthodox with a brain and without an agenda would argue that such is not a marriage at all and it never was an issue. My wife was in fact married and divorced (though really bringing her up when she's not here is tacky) though due to the grounds of divorce applied my Bishop opted to treat it as annulled. Now please, get out of my and my wife's business. She didn't bother you, so I don't appreciate dragging her into this. I realize you people think you have nothing better to do.

Try prayer.

Also your metropolitan was ordained by Moscow and remained there 17 yrs before starting your synod I believe which makes him highly suspect in my book

1. Second off, your presentation is misleading. He was an Archimandrite under the MP's European Exarchate and left to join the Greek Old Calendar Church's Metropolia of Western Europe, which received him in and later made him a Bishop. He didn't "start our Synod" at all. He was its second Primate. It's all in my book.

I did listen to some of your radio show and frankly it put me to sleep, yawn....i have better ways of wasting my time

Yes, I assume for a propagandist the truth is pretty boring.

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

Mr. Joe Suaiden
The fact that your wife was married and divorced is enough to rule out your becoming a deacon. How convenient for your bishop to change it from a divorce to an annulment.
I don't really believe you when you claim you weren't married before either. As you yourself wrote in a message dated Aug 5, 2002 in the Acts, Catholic Apologetic's forum, you acknowledge your ex to be your wife http://www.groups.yahoo.com

/group/ACTS/message/377
Sorry but most of those who know Joe Suaiden well
know that my wife was 9 months pregnant: well,
she's not anymore; I only have a minute or two
before I head back to the hospital-- I had to go
back home for an hour or so: but I'd like to
thank all of you reading and apologize for the
delay and meditate for a moment on the miracle of
all life given to us by Christ our God! What a
joy indeed to see a healthy new baby boy entering
the world (at 7 lb 15 oz and named (Joseph)
Matthew). So the members of this Suaiden house
are now Joseph, Adelaide, Aidan, Elisabeth, and
Matthew for those who keep us in their prayers:
thank you a million times over to all those who
were there for us throughout, and all our new
friends through this time: GLORY TO GOD FOR ALL
THINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A sinner,
Joseph Suaiden

I don't appreciate you belittling my friends or me either when you claim I quit your ragtag blog NFTU. As I have told you before Joanna and Daniel had nothing to do with my quitting it. It did have everything to do with your attitude towards me. I was doing you a favor. As your appeal for others ( who had more sense than to to join NFTU and do your job for you) went a couple months ago on this very forum, you said you were looking for "Hungry Dogs. Well, you were being honest about what they should expect if they joined you I must say, being dogged. You began treating me as a indentured servant, doing most of your legwork, scolding me and threatening to tell my bishop. In fact you did write a whining letter to +AB Chrysostomos, crying about this and that and trying to do one of the things you do best which is brown nosing people. The +AB politely humored you and in the end pretty much told you he wasn't interested in your agenda of jurisdictional ecumenism, which is another reason I quit you. Perhaps I should print it here for others to see, how pathetic ! You act like a combination school bully and snitch when you don't get your way, first threatening, then if that doesn't work you do a "I'm gonna report you to the principle" routine. So why don't you just shut up and quit trying to demonize my friends
Perhaps I may address some more things about you later on when I have more time, your right, I have better things to do than concern myself with you. Anyone with half a brain who has studied you a while should be able to come to the conclusion that your a narcissistic, self centered, self righteous, self serving blowhard who in my translation of one of the sayings of my saintly Greek Grandmother are someone who can't be digested with or without salt.
One more thing, I meant to say the OCA is nearly graceless.

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

mmcxristidis wrote:

Mr. Joe Suaiden
The fact that your wife was married and divorced is enough to rule out your becoming a deacon. How convenient for your bishop to change it from a divorce to an annulment.
I don't really believe you when you claim you weren't married before either. As you yourself wrote in a message dated Aug 5, 2002 in the Acts, Catholic Apologetic's forum, you acknowledge your ex to be your wife http://www.groups.yahoo.com

You don't know what I was trying to do-- and failing to do-- behind the scenes to get my legal marriage "fixed" in the Church, so please quit the garbage. I've already explained myself, so unless you'd like to doctor up some fake "marriage certificate" and keep the circle of lies started by people who wanted to cause trouble for me long ago going strong, just stop. You're really fighting the truth here, not just some guy.

I don't appreciate you belittling my friends or me either when you claim I quit your ragtag blog NFTU.

YOU DID QUIT. YOU DID IT PUBLICLY. Furthermore, you and your friends seem to have no problem attacking other people. You even started this attack on me when I demanded that Joanna and Daniel repent for writing a really insidious and nasty "obituary" for Fr Lawrence. You people have no shame in attacking the dead.

Don't act like victims when you get called out on it.

As I have told you before Joanna and Daniel had nothing to do with my quitting it. It did have everything to do with your attitude towards me. I was doing you a favor. As your appeal for others ( who had more sense than to to join NFTU and do your job for you) went a couple months ago on this very forum, you said you were looking for "Hungry Dogs. Well, you were being honest about what they should expect if they joined you I must say, being dogged.

Oh brother.

You began treating me as a indentured servant, doing most of your legwork,

REALLY??!?! I had an indentured servant, and I didn't even know it? Minas, you posted stories on a news site. On Blogger. It's really not rocket science or construction or anything. I had to correct your commentaries for spelling and grammar. Most of the time you said you were not working, so you had time to put up stories and I gave you a green light to go to town on it. But you did "most of my legwork"? Not really. I mean, it was nice having someone posting besides myself. But it's not like you were making me coffee or anything. Indentured servitude is slavery. And if it had to do with most Traditional Orthodox news, who was still putting it up? Me. So please stop.

scolding me and threatening to tell my bishop.

"Threatening"? You don't even sound like the same person anymore.

I did tell your Bishop when you began attacking other people and name-calling. It was beneath us. It was in fact not what, as editors, we were supposed to do, but be an example. That's exactly what I told you, repeatedly.

In fact you did write a whining letter to +AB Chrysostomos, crying about this and that and trying to do one of the things you do best which is brown nosing people.

Surprise, Minas. I had been writing Vl Chrysostomos for months (for totally unrelated reasons). And this may surprise you more (see, I don't publicly state a lot of these things) but in fact it was on his advice we began putting more restrictions on the comments section. He felt it reflected negatively on what were otherwise decent news stories because people were randomly "going off" and adding comments without bothering to think about what they were saying, reflecting the worst in people. We took that seriously into consideration (it was the subject of the conference call that you didn't attend, quitting that day to join this gang of three).

The +AB politely humored you and in the end pretty much told you he wasn't interested in your agenda of jurisdictional ecumenism, which is another reason I quit you. Perhaps I should print it here for others to see, how pathetic !

I don't really think the Archbishop would appreciate having letters between the three of us being sent. Nor do I think that you should be so sure of precisely what I discussed with him, or anyone else for that matter. I generally keep such things "close to the vest", and this is why when people make the random comments you are making, I can say with certainty that you DON'T KNOW what you are talking about.

You act like a combination school bully and snitch when you don't get your way, first threatening, then if that doesn't work you do a "I'm gonna report you to the principle" routine. So why don't you just shut up and quit trying to demonize my friends

Considering this started with an appeal to age, why are you now addressing me like you are in a schoolyard? The truth is all three of you are too old for the childish stupidity I've been witnessing. I am frankly getting tired of it. Act like adults, please. You're all too old to be chuckling and throwing out insults like little kids.

Perhaps I may address some more things about you later on when I have more time, your right, I have better things to do than concern myself with you. Anyone with half a brain who has studied you a while should be able to come to the conclusion that your a narcissistic, self centered, self righteous, self serving blowhard who in my translation of one of the sayings of my saintly Greek Grandmother are someone who can't be digested with or without salt.
One more thing, I meant to say the OCA is nearly graceless.

What am I supposed to say to that? It's probably true to some degree I guess. I don't think I am a great person. But I do consider myself in the Church, and a real deacon, probably a real self-centered blowhard or whatever you wrote and a rotten person too, and I don't have to create a website attacking individuals to convince myself of it.

Do you have anything of substance to say, or will the next post be similarly filled with a sprinkle of truth over a plate of lies and insults?

mmcxristidis

Post by mmcxristidis »

OK Mr Joe Suaiden, you may have the last word here as iv said pretty much what I wanted to say to you here, other than I think I can safely say +AB Chrysostomos has no use for your agenda of jurisdictional ecumenism or your so called Western Rite Orthodoxy Synod. Your such a self centered name dropper that you've really started to believe and think everyone does or should believe what you think they should believe. God help anyone who takes you too seriously

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

mmcxristidis wrote:

OK Mr Joe Suaiden, you may have the last word here as iv said pretty much what I wanted to say to you here, other than I think I can safely say +AB Chrysostomos has no use for your agenda of jurisdictional ecumenism or your so called Western Rite Orthodoxy Synod. Your such a self centered name dropper that you've really started to believe and think everyone does or should believe what you think they should believe. God help anyone who takes you too seriously

I deserve every insult.