TO THE MODERATORS: Request to ban certain members

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

TO THE MODERATORS: Request to ban certain members

Post by Suaidan »

I've noticed that the board has gotten considerably quieter over the past few months but it seems to now be a trickle down fight between Nicholas Candela and Incognito1583.

This has simply gotten ridiculous. "Incognito1583" is now also citing Scott Butler, a Papist evangelist who has personally told me he has a "mission to the Orthodox" in the past.

He's not the first, but this propaganda is wearing people reading this down. It wears me down, and I've debated these fools. I could answer these quotes, but it would again become a waste of time.

Rather, I would beg the moderators to consider banning Roman Catholic propaganda, at least on certain parts of the board, and banning members who want to keep posting it. I realize that this means the board would need more moderation, but the opposite effect will be that this place will no longer be a safe haven for True Orthodox to communicate. That, of course, will be sufficient joy for the Papists, who will have only the compromised "Orthodox" of World Orthodoxy to finish off, which is going along quite smoothly.

I can also say from experience that ecumenists and Papists have no problem banning us on their own boards when we "become a threat".

Please, before this board becomes worthless-- BAN THESE PEOPLE!

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)

Incognito1583

Post by Incognito1583 »

I've never cited Scott Butler. Scott's book uses secondary sources. If you look carefully, I've cited primary sources.

I am very much against the papacy.

and I would caution you in calling people "fools."

'....and whoever says, 'You fool,' shall be guilty enough to go into the fiery hell." [Matt.5:22].

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

RETRACTED - TO THE MODERATORS: Request to ban certain member

Post by Suaidan »

I also retract my previous request. While I do believe that Mr Incognito goes over the top, I believe that he has a right to express his views so long as he doesn't threaten or intimidate others.

Since this list has been down and up, I (and others, including my wife, who was guilty only of being my wife) have been thrown off a certain Old Calendarist list based on my own jurisdictional affiliation. I have no problem with people who wish to say I and others am not True Orthodox, in their view. I would be glad to discuss with them my feelings and positions. I do have a problem, however, with those who would ban others solely based on jurisdictional affiliation. I have a problem with dishonestly pretending I could not answer their statements after banning me, to create the impression that I had nothing to say. And I have seen that happen on other Orthodox forums.

Thank God, it hasn't happened here.

I would like to see this list preserved as someplace traditional Orthodox Christians can discuss the Church's Holy Tradition. It's a very lonely place to do that right now. And it would be a bad precedent if we banned someone like Incognito without good reason (unless a good reason has since developed.)

Because then who is the next incognito to go?

Fr Joseph Suaidan (Suaiden, same guy)