OBAMA, SATAN'S MESSIAH??

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Cyprian »

St. Gregory of Tours (6th cent.)

History of the Franks, Book I

But as to the end of the world I hold beliefs which I learned from our forefathers, that Antichrist will come first. An Antichrist will first propose circumcision, asserting that he is Christ; next he will place his statue in the temple at Jerusalem to be worshipped, just as we read that the Lord said: "You shall see the abomination of desolation standing in the holy place." But the Lord himself declared that that day is hidden from all men, saying; "But of that day and that hour knoweth no one not even the angels in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father alone." Moreover we shall here make answer to the heretics who attack us, asserting that the Son is inferior to the Father since he is ignorant of this day. Let them learn then that Son here is the name applied to the Christian people, of whom God says: "I shall be to them a father and they shall be to me for sons." For if he had spoken these words of the only­-begotten Son he would never have given the angels first place. For he uses these words: "Not even the angels in heaven nor the Son," showing that he spoke these words not of the only-begotten but of the people of adoption. But our end is Christ himself, who will graciously bestow eternal life on us if we turn to him.

St. Gregory the Great

Epistles, Book XIII

In the Sixth Indiction, and the Thirteenth Year from His Ordination.

Epistle I

To the Roman Citizens.

Gregory, servant of the servants of God, to his most beloved sons the Roman citizens.

It has come to my ears that certain men of perverse spirit have sown among you some things that are wrong and opposed to the holy faith, so as to forbid any work being done on the Sabbath day. What else can I call these but preachers of Antichrist, who, when he comes, will cause the Sabbath day as well as the Lord's day to be kept free from all work. For, because he pretends to die and rise again, he wishes the Lord's day to be had in reverence; and, because he compels the people to Judaize that he may bring back the outward rite of the law, and subject the perfidy of the Jews to himself, he wishes the Sabbath to be observed.

nyc_xenia
Jr Member
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Orthodox Metropolia

Post by nyc_xenia »

Well guys, it looks like the presidential nominee has his "place".

I'm heading more on a secular and worldly level with this but as one person wrote on http://www.siouxcityjournal.com/article ... 79c267.txt

" Let the mud slinging begin! What else have you got? "

I mean, not for nothin', coming from an urban "'hood", I have to question when someone is accused of using crack. Yeah, sorry to say it, but that "hits home" and troubles me more than his sexual preferences. Why? Well, because I have known many a crack head, again, sorry to say it.

Besides, being a former outreach worker, I know how nicely some people in Spanish Harlem (your typical inner city "'hood") managed to cover up their past.

You see, the difference between Obama and the antichrist will be the "inability" to point a finger at him. I have to raise the verses of the "protocols" again, if only to mention that the quality of life professed therein expound on his (the future King of Israels) "unapproachability" and supposed "purity of life".

Anyhow, moving it back to the "slack track", I think this may be the very first presidential election where I may not vote. Unless, for the first time just for G.P.s I not only vote republican, but vote for someone I do not actually support on top of that.

Where's good ol' Ron Paul when you need him?

There's someone who is willing to admit that the money printers are worthless.

Which leads me back to yet another novel secular opinion:

http://www.freedomtofascism.com/

Peace, I'm out.