Metropolitan Lavr dies.

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Evfimy

Post by Evfimy »

Some of the biggest phonies in Orthodoxy and Catholicism, have come from the ranks of the clergy. In their unparalleled arrogance and infatuation with themselves, these people think they are above God's immutable moral and ethical laws.

They actually "bless" people to sin and lie just to cover their own backs.

Starman

Re: Metropolitan Lavr dies.

Post by Starman »

GOCTheophan wrote:

Metropolitian Lavr has gone to his judgement.

May the Lord have more mercy on him than he had on Orthodoxy.

Theophan.

The Bible says there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. [Romans 8:1].

I am not Orthodox, but this religion seems to pessimistic, gloomy and negative. Why don't you say he has gone to his reward? Is not human life judgement enough?

Starman

Post by Starman »

Orthodoxy seems like a "glass is half empty" type of religion.

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

Starman:

First let me say ....seek Orthodoxy elsewhere, this is ABSOLUTELY not the place to find it.

Orthodoxy is not

"like a "glass is half empty" type of religion"

, it is rich in Truth and tradition, however you are right in that many posters on this site practice a "glass half empty type or religion".

God will judge us harshly for those whom we turn away from the faith by our ""glass is half empty" type of religion".

Keep seeking and God will guide you to the True faith.

Milla
Heartily ashamed of her fellow Orthodox "brothers".

GOCTheophan

Re: Metropolitan Lavr dies.

Post by GOCTheophan »

Starman wrote:
GOCTheophan wrote:

Metropolitian Lavr has gone to his judgement.

May the Lord have more mercy on him than he had on Orthodoxy.

Theophan.

The Bible says there is no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus. [Romans 8:1].

I am not Orthodox, but this religion seems to pessimistic, gloomy and negative. Why don't you say he has gone to his reward? Is not human life judgement enough?

There is no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus but are you? Was "Metropolitian" Lavr? Am I?

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

Liudmilla wrote:

Milla
Heartily ashamed of her fellow Orthodox "brothers".

Well it always puzzles me why those who have such love for heretics always seem to be the quickest to judge and scorn their Orthodox "brothers" and "sisters"....That aside does ROCOR-MP now teach that everyone who says "Lord, Lord" will be saved as our friend seems to believe?

Theophan.

Who realizes that it could well be a sin to be ashamed of anyone that the Lord has called....

Last edited by GOCTheophan on Mon 7 April 2008 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ekaterina
Protoposter

Two Wolves

Post by Ekaterina »

One evening an old elder told a young monk about a battle that goes on inside people. He said, "My son, the battle is between two "wolves" inside us all. One is Evil. It is anger, envy, jealousy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, superiority, righteousness, and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith."

The young monk thought about it for a minute and then asked his elder: "Which wolf wins?" The old elder simply replied, "The one you feed."