Future Pan-Orthodox Synod poll

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Are you for or against a future Pan-Orthodox Synod?

YES - I wish for a Pan-Orthodox Synod

90%

NO - I do not wish for a Pan-Orthodox Synod

10%

Total votes: 10

Kosmas
Jr Member

Future Pan-Orthodox Synod poll

Post by Kosmas »

I have oftened wondered how many of us would want a future Pan-Orthodox Synod to come to pass. Please vote YES if you would or NO if you would not. Please leave your reason(s).
:)

Kosmas
Jr Member

Kosmas, Yes

Post by Kosmas »

I have enumerated below why I believe a Pan-Orthodox is needed.

Four major concerns of the Orthodox Church:

1. Diaspora:

a. How to decide on the status of exarchates on whether or not they become autonomous / autocephalous.
b. For the present situation of multiple bishops in the same diocese contradicting the Canons.
c. The canonical status of Western Orthodox Rites.

1. Calendar:

a. Correct the scandal done by utilizing two liturgical Calendars.
b. Which Calendar to be used by all the Churches.

1. Missionary:

a. To create a coordinated approach of spreading the Word of God and His Church through out the World.
b. On the training of clergy and laypeople to fulfill this task

1. Ecumenism:

a. The proper reception of converts to the Orthodox Faith. (Akribia / Ekonomia)
b. To enforce Canons forbidding prayers with heretics.
c. To decide whether or not to have formal dialogue with heretics.

Papoutsis1
Jr Member

YES

Post by Papoutsis1 »

I vote Yes. The Issues articulated are correct and need clarification by the Church. "ALL" Orthodox Bishops should and must attend to resolve this issues once and for all.

God Bless

Peter

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

I vote for option 3:

"A pan-Orthodox synod in the works, however, it is being pioneered by the "World Orthodox" and therefore, regardless of the outcome of such a Synod, it will not be accepted by those who do not accept World Orthodoxy.".

Kosmas
Jr Member

The old #3 or not applicable option.

Post by Kosmas »

Juvenaly,
I had thought of that when I designed the poll. I figured it would skew the true intentions of the voters since some prefer not to have any contact with the Ecumenists. If that is the case then why not vote NO?
So if someone votes for option #3, I am counting it as a NO vote for a future Pan-Orthodox Council.

Fair? :|