Serbs Attack U.S. Embassy in Belgrade

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Serbs Attack U.S. Embassy in Belgrade

Post by Pravoslavnik »

An angry crowd of Serbs attacked the U.S. Embassy in Belgrade today. Here is the New York Times version of the story:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/02/22/world ... ref=slogin

Code: Select all

While I do not condone this attack on the U.S. Embassy, I can certainly understand why the Serbian people are angry at the U.S. and the E.U. The NATO bombing of Serbia was wrong, and the U.S. and EU recognizing the Kosovo Albanian Moslem declaration of independence is also wrong.  It is the age-old alliance of Western Europe and the Papacy with the Ottoman Moslems against the indigenous Orthodox Christians of Serbia--the same nonsense that led to the outbreak of World War I after the Austro-Hungarians started shelling Belgrade in 1914.  What also bothers me is how little Americans know about the history of Islam in the Balkans.  Most Americans, including our journalists, do not even know that the Kosovo Albanians--and Osama Bin Laden's Kosovo Liberation Army (KLA)--are Moslems fighting against Orthodox Christians.