WHAT A SHAMEFUL UNION!!!

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

Theophan and Mr C

I believe that they were in communion with Jerusalem, Constantinople and Serbia at the time. I was told that this epistle has been taken abit out of context. Met Philoret did not use language in addressing the recipient that would show that he felt that they were not still a part of the church. And if they were not part of the church, what would have been the point of writing the epistle?

Milla

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

rocor and T.O.C. of Greece were in Communion from 1971- 1976... the Holy Synod of the T.O.C. of Greece broke communion with rocor at that time and has to this day maintained True Faith ,love, and obedience to Our Lord ,God and Saviour Jesus Christ, and proclaim`s True Orthodox Christianity for all people...

First, and Last, and Always
in CHRIST

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

Liudmilla wrote:

Theophan and Mr C

I believe that they were in communion with Jerusalem, Constantinople and Serbia at the time. I was told that this epistle has been taken abit out of context. Met Philoret did not use language in addressing the recipient that would show that he felt that they were not still a part of the church. And if they were not part of the church, what would have been the point of writing the epistle?

Milla

Dear Liudmilla,

The Jerusalem Patriarchate at that time was definitely not in Communion with ROCOR offically from its own point of you. The case of the Serbs is vague and uncertain both from the side of ROCOR and the "Serbian Patriarchate" itself (remember Met Vitaly's Epistle of 1998?).

Look when I meet Roman Catholic, Monophysite or even Anglican clergy in real life I always refer to them as "Father" out of politeness. If you meet a Papist priest at a dinner party would you insist on calling him "Mr"? Maybe you would but I suspect that you would not.

When the Eastern Patriarchs in I think 1848 addressed the Pope they addressed him as "His Holiness" in a similar manner. Anyway I believe that offically at that time ROCOR was saying that the New Calendarists were indeed schismatics but that they were not sure whether they were completely outside of the Church.

However the Sorrowful Epistles went un-noticed by the apostates and in 1983 ROCOR Anathemized the heretics and all who KNOWINGLY have Communion with them.

Theophan.

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

Liudmilla wrote:

Theophan and Mr C

Milla

Liudmilla you know perfectly that the Greek Orthodox Church would not have entered into Communion with ROCOR nor would ROCOR have entered into Communion with the Greek Orthodox Church IF ROCOR had been in Communion with the EP.

Theophan.

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Cyprian »

Please allow me to clarify once again.

GOC (or GOX) does not stand for "Greek Orthodox Church". It stands for Genuine Orthodox Christians [of Greece].

The Orthodox Church is not Hellenic. Hellenism is a heresy condemned by the Fathers.

She is catholic, belonging to the whole world, and not any one nation.

Silver
Sr Member

Post by Silver »

In connection with the tragic developments in anti-ecclesiastical events during the last few days, I consider it my Archpastoral duty to declare that I categorically condemn the following actions of the current participants of the “Robber Council,” at which I refused to be present by reason of the non-repentance of those hierarchs who hastened to take a new course of rapprochement with a pseudo-church, the Moscow Patriarchate -- and eucharistic communion with ecumenists:………………..
………………
……………….

14/27 October 2001

Martyr Nazary Mansonville Canada

Metripolitan Vitaly (signature)

Stan Silver
Montreal Q.C.

Constantine

Post by Constantine »

Communion with the MP was/is a problem, but communion with the Serbian Patr, since rocors first day is not? The MP and the Serb Patr, is the same church, both of which are highly involved in ecumenism, and the SP was involved in ecumensim when they communed with rocor and when rocor anathematized ecumenism. Also Theophane, Met Vitalys epistle in 1998 about the Serbs was quite a long time after the epistles on ecumenism. And can you tell me, has there EVER been even 1 day were rocor was not in communion with world orthodoxy? I think we both know the answer to this.