Coca Cola Orthodoxy

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
stumbler

Coca Cola Orthodoxy

Post by stumbler »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7153840.stm

" "Coca-Cola uses all these Orthodox symbols in a blasphemous way by placing images of Coca-Cola bottles inside the pictures," the complaint said, according to Russia's Ria Novosti news agency.

"Some images are deliberately turned upside down, including the crosses," it said. "

Soon the Catholics will be demanding that the Russians take the Pepsi Challenge - after all, it's all just a matter of culture claims Coke.

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

The Dogs of Capitalism

Post by Pravoslavnik »

I agree with the citizens of Nizhny Novgorod on this one. Russia should keep what is holy away from the psychological pollution of Western corporate advertising. In my opinion, advertising has played a major role in the corruption and destruction of our American society.

Code: Select all

"Do not give what is holy unto dogs."