Shooter Involved With Occult Group

Discuss Religious, Moral and Ethical topics that are offtopic to other forums and that are within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste, i.e., no pictures or videos of killings. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All rules apply. No promotion of Non-Orthodox-Christian beliefs. No baiting, flaming, or ad hominems. No polemics.
Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Shooter Involved With Occult Group

Post by Pravoslavnik »

Mathew Murray, the teenager who shot and killed several people at two Protestant churches in Denver this week, was recently active in an occult organization called Ad Astra Oasis.

Code: Select all

Buried in the text of a news article in the December 12, 2007 [i]Denver Post [/i]is a brief statement confirming that Murray had begun to see himself as a person involved in a war against demons, and against an evil "Christian Empire" after attending meetings at the occult [i]Ad Astra Oasis[/i] society in Denver.  

Murray is the son of a Denver neurologist, and was raised in a strict Protestant Fundamentalist church.  I mention this reference here because I haven't seen any other mention of Murray's involvement with the occult in the secular media coverage of the murders this week.  I also saw a psychologist on CNN television this week who attributed the murders to Murray's strict Protestant upbringing.  Here is the link to the article:  

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_7696043

Pravoslavnik
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: ROCOR- A

Post by Pravoslavnik »

The New York Times ran a front page story today on the Mathew Murray mass murders at two Protestant churches in Colorado. As I expected, there was not a single word in the NYT article about Murray's recent involvement with the occult organization Ad Astra Oasis. One would think that this would be worth mentioning to the American public, if only for the sake of secular sensationalism. Obviously, the cultural forces of anti-Christianity (and of the Anti-Christ?) in modern America do not want to draw obvious attention to themselves. Instead, we have stories by Christianne Amanpour, Richard Dawkins, and others, on prime time about the destructive influence of Christianity on world civilization. As I mentioned, a CNN psychologist/consultant also recently blamed Murray's recent murderous conduct on his strict Christian upbringing...