POSSIBLE SCHISM IN MOSCOW PARTIARCHATE

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

StephenG
Jr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Noncurrently

Post by StephenG »

The Patriarchate was a 'set up' in a desperate gamble by a very frightened Stalin, then faced by the seemingly unstoppable military of the only person Stalin had said he trust- Adolf Hitler. This architect of the re-establishment of the Patriarchate was one of the most bitter enemies of Orthodoxy.

And now Putin, a former KGB agent, appears to be the sponsor of the coming together of the MP and ROCOR.

Sorry, I feel this is about Russia and not the reconciliation of brother Christians. Yes, there is a thirst among many in the Russian Federation and I do not attempt to belittle that. But this latest escapade seems to smack more of the sort of antics we see between political parties and their 'spin' machines.

A wanderer, trying to discern truth from falsehood

scwaterfowl

Post by scwaterfowl »

Who cares??? Its all good!!
:mrgreen:

beewolf

non-church

Post by beewolf »

I am sorry if i have difficulty in following the above posts. Is it ROCOR being referred to as a non-church? I certainly hope not.

Gospodi Pomiluy

GOCTheophan

Re: non-church

Post by GOCTheophan »

beewolf wrote:

I am sorry if i have difficulty in following the above posts. Is it ROCOR being referred to as a non-church? I certainly hope not.

Gospodi Pomiluy

ROCOR has been a non-Church since at 2001 at the VERY latest.

I think it could easily be said that ROCOR has been a non-Church since 1994.

Theophan.

beewolf

Post by beewolf »

Father, Bless -

please can you explain to me a newcomer to Orthodoxy, why this is so? I find that the ROCOR Church I am aquainted with is a very conservative and devout one besides Russians, others have found it a refuge from some of the terrible divisions which afflict the Greek Church here in Australia.

Please forgive my ignorance.

GOCTheophan

Post by GOCTheophan »

beewolf wrote:

Father, Bless -

please can you explain to me a newcomer to Orthodoxy, why this is so? I find that the ROCOR Church I am aquainted with is a very conservative and devout one besides Russians, others have found it a refuge from some of the terrible divisions which afflict the Greek Church here in Australia.

Please forgive my ignorance.

Dear Beewolf,

I am not a Priest.

In 1994 ROCOR offically declared that they held the same ecclesiolgy as thrice defrocked archimandrite Kyprian of Fili who many believe to be a Freemason. His ecclesiolgy is based around historical and canonical distortion in an attempt to prove that the New Calendar schismatics aswell as the Ecumenist and Sergianist heretics are within the Church until they condemn themselves at an Ecumenical council.

ROCOR however continued to believe that schisms from it such as HOCNA, ROAC, etc were of course outside the Church without an Ecumenical council. So what are we to make of that? Obviously the likes of Archbishop Mark of Berlin saw that Fili would be useful in their plans to destory ROCOR by getting ROCOR to clearly state that it believed the Grace of God was present in the sacraments of the ecumenists and the sergianists.

Remember the devil is very clever and so our his agents. Things are planned out years in advance....Kyprian's so called Synod in Resistance might well have been brought into existence with the sole purpose of destorying ROCOR.

Theophan.

beewolf

Post by beewolf »

Theophan,

Forgive me for my confusion, I indeed thought you were a priest.

All the things you mention happened long before I was even aware of Orthodoxy. It all seems very complicated.

Where then is the Orthodox Church in Australia?