The Holy fire did not appear?

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

TomS
Protoposter

The Holy fire did not appear?

Post by TomS »

Is it true that the Holy Fire did not appear this year? Is it true that it also was prophesized that this would occur because He is unhappy with the ROCOR reuniting with the Sergiests?

Has this ever happened before? The Holy Miracle not occurring???

----------------------------------------------------
They say that I am bad news. They say "Stay Away."

Грешник
Sr Member

Post by Грешник »

Can anyone actually validate this? It seems ominous if it were true but i just do not know.

drewmeister2
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC/HOTCA

Post by drewmeister2 »

No the Holy Fire did indeed appear this year: http://www.jpost.com/servlet/Satellite? ... 2FShowFull

Orthodoxia i Thanatos

www.YouTube.com/GreekOrthodoxTV

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

It would not be beyond these people, in my view, to sneak a match in there, which would not be unreasonably difficult.

In the end, the faith is not predicated, even in the least, by any kind of "sign" or "miracle", or even an "Angel from Heaven".

Helen

Post by Helen »

It would not be beyond these people, in my view, to sneak a match in there, which would not be unreasonably difficult.

What about the fact that the fire doesn't burn people ie., people put it up to their faces and are not burnt. Surely someone out of the thousands of people that attend would have noticed if this was the case, and surely word would have spread quite quickly about it.

joasia
Protoposter
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by joasia »

Christ is Risen!

In the end, the faith is not predicated, even in the least, by any kind of "sign" or "miracle", or even an "Angel from Heaven".

What about the star that led the Magi? What about Christ healing the sick? What about Archangel Gabriel's announcement to the Theotokos?

Joanna

Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a right spirit within me. (Ps. 50)