Serbian nuns

News about traditional Orthodox monastics and how these monks and nuns are living out their vocations in monasteries and convents. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Serbian nuns

Post by Priest Siluan »

From Paradosis:

Here is the picture of Srbisbn nuns (they are with the GOC of Ab
Chysostomos), those who were thrown out by Serbian Patriarchate from
their monastery.

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

While it is said that a picture is worth a thousand words..... this one does not say enough. To me this is nothing but a nice portrait of some nuns. A news story or two might be of some benefit to go along with the claim made above.

Milla

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

Forgive me Father for being such a nudnik, BUT..... the story you linked does not say anything about persecution or being thrown out of their monastery. It relates a story about a miracle that occurred to some nuns. That is not a persecution (I hope)......

It still does not support the allegation that the nuns pictured were persecuted.

Milla

Priest Siluan
Faith: Russian Orthodox
Jurisdiction: RTOC

Post by Priest Siluan »

I don't know well this story, but they were reject from their own convent for they oppose to the participation of the Serbian Patriarchate in the WCC and Ecumenism.

ioannis

Post by ioannis »

...That is not a persecution (I hope)......

It still does not support the allegation that the nuns pictured were persecuted.

Perhaps the problem is that nobody is trying to support any "allegations", the story is known to enough people already.

The persecutions of TRUE Orthodox Christians is common enough day-to-day that we have no need to prove anything; it is all well known for anyone who wants to see. Perhaps you should wonder why these psuedo-bishops stood behind the murder of so many innocent people in Greece, and especially in Russia over the years. What is happening now is just a watered-down continuation of that dark legacy, one which they constantly would like you to disassociate them with. I am sure one day when it is once again politically correct to kill true Christians under the banner of the Antichrist, they will have armies of people screaming "give us Barabas!" The only question is, how many people will even recognize, or want to recognize, what they are doing?

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

And the fathers tell us many such things in different ways to secure us against the harm suspicions do us. Let us strive with all our power never to put our trust in our own conjectures. For nothing separates us so completely from God or prevents us from noticing our own wrong-doing or makes us busy about what does not concern us, as this. No good comes from it but only troubles without number and they leave us no time to acquire the fear of God. Should worthless suspicions germinate in our minds, let us turn them into charitable thoughts and they will not harm us. For entertaining suspicions is wrong and it never allows the mind to be at peace. This is all I have to say about falsehood in the mind.
St. Dorotheos of Gaza.