The Church That Stalin Built

DIscussion and News concerning Orthodox Churches in communion with those who have fallen into the heresies of Ecumenism, Renovationism, Sergianism, and Modernism, or those Traditional Orthodox Churches who are now involved with Name-Worshiping, or vagante jurisdictions. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.

Methodius

You're right. Mostly.

Post by Methodius »

I actually agree with you Anastasios, except for on one point.

anastasios wrote:

Juliana blasted her way in with the name calling "Monophysites" "Papists" etc. so if she wishes to bash non-Orthodox then she needs to prepare to be responded to.

Should we not call a spade a spade? In the Non-Chalcedonians thread, there seems to be some pointed questions and clear facts showing that this group is in fact following monophysite theology.

And Papists follow the pope, and see him as having this awesome power of infaliability, so this would explain the Catholics that follow the teachings of their church.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Re: You're right. Mostly.

Post by Anastasios »

Methodius wrote:

I actually agree with you Anastasios, except for on one point.

anastasios wrote:

Juliana blasted her way in with the name calling "Monophysites" "Papists" etc. so if she wishes to bash non-Orthodox then she needs to prepare to be responded to.

Should we not call a spade a spade? In the Non-Chalcedonians thread, there seems to be some pointed questions and clear facts showing that this group is in fact following monophysite theology.

And Papists follow the pope, and see him as having this awesome power of infaliability, so this would explain the Catholics that follow the teachings of their church.

Dear Methodius,

Thank you for your response and critique of my point. I do not believe that in the Non-Chalcedonian thread anything was proved; rather I believe Chalcedonians reported the same accusations against NonChalcedonians and only one Non-Chal. responded. Hardly a dialogue.

I don't believe it's right to call a Catholic a papist at all. One of the reasons it took me so long to realize the truth of Orthodoxy was that Orthodox were so rude to me (I am Byzantine Catholic but am waiting to convert merely on my spiritual father's advice that I wait for my wife to make progress and see if she will be joining me when I convert). Calling a Catholic a papist is referring back to terms that are not polite and which are hurtful. It doesn't spread Orthodoxy but merely hate--it won't make a Catholic realize Orthodoxy most of the time but will actually turn them away from Orthodoxy.

In Christ,

anastasios

Julianna

Re: You're right. Mostly.

Post by Julianna »

anastasios wrote:

Thank you for your response and critique of my point. I do not believe that in the Non-Chalcedonian thread anything was proved; rather I believe Chalcedonians reported the same accusations against NonChalcedonians and only one Non-Chal. responded. Hardly a dialogue.

Why don't you reply and disprove the points if they are in error then?

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Re: The Church That Stalin Built

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

[quote="Julianna"]There are many ironies here. The ROCA, which once was

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

From what I've read...both from objective historical readings and more spiritual readings, the Catacomb Church as a real movement did die off in the 1950's. Not that there weren't catacomb believers after that point who wouldn't have communion with the MP...just that it lost quite a bit of its former "umph". From what I've read, there were even Catacomb bishops in the 1940's who were telling their spiritual children to attend the "above ground" churches. Also, I think it should be rememberd that there were quite a few "Catacomb Churches" in Russia during the soviet period who had different opinions on certain matters. Some became very apocalyptic and didn't support the positions of the other "Catacomb Churches".
So, it seems Bishop Mark would be pretty much correct. As an organized underground, UNIFIED, bishop and priest ordaining movement that had its roots with the original followers of New Martyr +Tikhon, the fizzling out came during the 1950's. Some groups and individuals did still carry on in the same ways...but the unity was not as it had been.
I could be mistaken...this is just what I have read.

Julianna

Post by Julianna »

The Catacomb Church has been in existence since St. Tikhon's time and while many are now combined with the Free Russian Orthodox Church as ROAC. the ones that are not in ROAC are in communion with us but too scared to be on public rolls. many were reported or killed by the MP's agents in the past. ROCOR broke communion with the Catacomb Church to cozy up to the MP :cry: