Lord Have Mercy!

An online Synaxaristes including martyrologies and hagiographies of the lives of the Orthodox Church's saints. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Sean
Faith: Old Calendar Greek Orthodox
Jurisdiction: HOTCA

Post by Sean »

I recall reading something about this a few months ago. From what I gathered, this fringe who wants Stalin [I won't even type it, but you get the drift], are somehow also tied in with the white supremacists in Russia. Strange reasoning indeed! Hatred truly does cloud one's judgement.

Giorgos

HMMMM...

Post by Giorgos »

+
Dear Friend,
the link between the two is not hate (in first lieu), IT'S MATERIALISM.
We are not materialist, because we are Christians.
"They" are.
Indeed a branch of religious judaism is materialist too, and remember the saducees...
As you can see, ones are biologial materialists and the others economical materialists.
In the Lord,
Giorgos

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

An interesting article on how saints should come to be recognized as saints:

A Few Remarks on the Traditional Procedure For the Recognition of Saints in Orthodoxy, by Archimandrite Cyprian

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

Very well said (Met. Cyprian that is).

George Australia
Sr Member

Post by George Australia »

OrthodoxyOrDeath wrote:

Very well said (Met. Cyprian that is).

:shock: Praise for the words of a 'Cyprianite' OOD?..... It must be the end of the world! lol

"As long as it depends on Monothelitism, then Miaphysitism is nothing but a variant of Monophysitism."

nance

purchase an icon

Post by nance »

Would anyone know where I could order an icon of St. Methodia of Kimolo from?

Thank you!

spiridon

Post by spiridon »

""ELDER CLEOPA ILIE (or the Romanian Patriarchate)
ELDER SERAPHIM ROSE ""
A couple of months ago I was talking to a man about Optina monastery and how in a certain cell there are the Icons of each individual elder recognized by Optina, and in this cell the very loast included Fr.Seraphim
Rose of blessed memory from Platina Ca.............apparently at a certain time in there history they were being persecuted and had all there Spiritual books( and maybe service books too,I could be wrong)they started getting Fr.Seraphim and Fr.Herman`s -THE ORTHODOX WORD booklets, and this elder said that for many years all they ever had was these little books to get them thru many years, and for that they gave thanks to God for allowing Fr.Seraphim to be of Service and although so far away, in spirit was like a brother right there the whole time of this persecution,reminding the elders of even some of there own Lives.............................