Putin as "write-in" candidate for Tsar

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

As far as I can tell, Putin faithfully attends religious services and when quizzed by reporters to see if he was faking it, went on for almost half an hour discussing theology. Either he is sincere or a really dedicated liar. Yeltsin didn't attend Church regularly so why should Putin if he isn't sincere?

Anastasios

Disclaimer: Many older posts were made before my baptism and thus may not reflect an Orthodox point of view.
Please do not message me with questions about the forum or moderation requests. Jonathan Gress (jgress) will be able to assist you.
Please note that I do not subscribe to "Old Calendar Ecumenism" and believe that only the Synod of Archbishop Kallinikos is the canonical GOC of Greece. I do believe, however, that we can break down barriers and misunderstandings through prayer and discussion on forums such as this one.

Schultz

Post by Schultz »

Of course, the real answer to this, Dustin, is that Putin attends MP churches, so he can't be sincere ;)

Anastasios
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Oh Shultz, don't confront me with the facts!

8)

Disclaimer: Many older posts were made before my baptism and thus may not reflect an Orthodox point of view.
Please do not message me with questions about the forum or moderation requests. Jonathan Gress (jgress) will be able to assist you.
Please note that I do not subscribe to "Old Calendar Ecumenism" and believe that only the Synod of Archbishop Kallinikos is the canonical GOC of Greece. I do believe, however, that we can break down barriers and misunderstandings through prayer and discussion on forums such as this one.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

RCERROR!:-P

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Schultz wrote:

A spawn of the Bolshevism “saves” Russia?!

By replace "Bolshevism" with "brothel" and "Russia" with "France" and say the same thing about St. Mary Magdalene.

You mean Saint Mary of Egypt I think. :D

Seraphim Reeves

Post by Seraphim Reeves »

Most contemporary so called "anti-Sergianism" is really just Donatism. Yes I know that is a term over-used in our day (often slapped on anything party-x perceives as being "intolerant" or "too rigid"), but I think in this case it is rightly used, since the same error of the Donatists is being committed - namely, an exagerated perfectionism (and one which looks primarily at others, rather than inwardly) combined with an inability to forgive (let alone overlook whenever possible).

The fact is that there is no longer a Soviet Union. There is no longer a KGB. Those Churches under the presidency of the Moscow Patriarchate, are no longer led by Bishops who are on the payroll of an anti-ecclessiastically minded secret agency (which no longer exists, as previously mentioned.)

What can be said, is that the MP is not without it's troubles. Also, that it has some Bishops who probably were in some kind of collusion with God-fighting civil authorities, more often than not because of fear and a wicked pragmatism than out of any demonstrable ideological agreement. Well, are they so involved now? Of course not.

But I guess for some, there never will be a better tommorow. There is no looking over yesterdays misdeeds, because they themselves are obviously so free of sin.

Seraphim

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Seraphim

What do you make of the position of some (many?) in the MP, that they can and will condemn the concept of "sergianism," but will not and cannot condemn the person (or "personality") of Pat. Sergius? Is this going far enough? There are certainly examples in Church history of people making critical doctrinal errors and yet being accepted as Orthodox, but is this such a case?

Schultz

Re: RCERROR!:-P

Post by Schultz »

Deacon Nikolai wrote:
Schultz wrote:

A spawn of the Bolshevism “saves” Russia?!

By replace "Bolshevism" with "brothel" and "Russia" with "France" and say the same thing about St. Mary Magdalene.

You mean Saint Mary of Egypt I think. :D

haha! good point! its the RC upbringing shining through ;)