Name Change!

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

If the name must change what should it be?

Poll ended at Thu 1 May 2003 5:54 pm

Orthodox Cafe

10%

Russian Orthodox Church Cafe

10%

Traditionalist Cafe

No votes

Tradition Cafe

No votes

iOrthodox.org

10%

YourOrthodox.com

10%

Theotokos Cafe

10%

Orthodoxy Cafe

No votes

True Orthodox Cafe

10%

Chrysostom Cafe

10%

Old Calendarist Cafe

10%

Euphrosynos Cafe

20%

Total votes: 10

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Christ is Risen! His Brightness covers our banner! :D

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Christos Voskrese! Christos Anesti!

Logos, it is part of the transition. We cannot use the name on products we sell in our store. We depend on the store to stay afloat, so while we will remain with the rocorcafe.com URL as long as the synod allows, we will also take on another name & URL in addition to the name you well know and love.

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Sun 18 May 2003 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

Nik, I just wanted to say that I love the way the banner looks with St Euphrosynus the patron of cooks, I agree that it seems to fit especially with 'have a drink of the truth' .

MaryCecilia

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Euphrosynus/Euphrosynos

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I've seen Euphrosynos spelled Euphrosynus, sometimes even both ways on the same site! I wonder which one is a more correct translation?

Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

I decided to change my vote.... I want to vote for Euphrosynos Cafe instead of Old Calendarist Cafe... when I first read the choices I didn't know that Euphrosynos was a Saint's name and that he is the patron of cooking(I didn't know how to spell his name either...I've just always heard his name pronounced) now that I know, I want to change my vote :)
Thanks!

MaryCecilia

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

I don't think the spelling matters much. John of Damascus, John of Damaskos; Gregory Nazianzus, Gregory Nazianzos; etc. :) I think some are just a bit more anglicanized than others? shrugs

If everyone is ok with the new selection, I'd give it my vote too. Though perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to pick a saint normally associated with traditionalists... but, um, not my decision, so... :)

尼古拉前执事
Archon

I change my vote too.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

I change my vote to Euphrosynos too. So that makes as of this posting, 5 votes for it and thus the winner.

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Fri 2 May 2003 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Christ is risen!

Well, what you say goes, Nicholas :) Sorry to all who didn't get a chance to vote, but we needed to move quickly once we got the word that it had to be changed.