A new "walling off" has begun?

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Savva24

Post by Savva24 »

ania wrote:

[
Dear Fr. Mark,
I can tell you that something did happen on St. Seraphim’s. It was in Sea Cliff, at their parish feast, where Vl. Lavr was insulted and patronized to his face by several people, not least of all the parish priest himself, in front of the entire parish, as well as visitors. It was highly distressing to watch & listen to, which I did, sitting not 20 feet from the head table. There was an all out battle basically, and I am surprised that no one is talking about it, here or on other forums.

Wow! I was in Glen Cove that Sunday and was planning on catching up in Sea Cliff for the Luncheon there. So glad I decided not to!

Nick

ania

Post by ania »

Be very glad you didn't... though it was morbidly fascinating in a sick sorta way.

user_22

Post by user_22 »

ania wrote:

Vl. Lavr was insulted and patronized to his face by several people, not least of all the parish priest himself, in front of the entire parish, as well as visitors. It was highly distressing to watch & listen to, which I did, sitting not 20 feet from the head table. There was an all out battle basically, and I am surprised that no one is talking about it, here or on other forums.

Today I learnt this priest was removed from the parish. Anything more about this?

Nikodemus

Post by Nikodemus »

If communion with TOC of Cyprianos was just a step to MP, then you have to say that VL Vitaly who made this union, was in error?

OOD

I think you judge things to hard. I ask you...do you belive Cyprianos and TOC of Greece, Rumania and Bulgaria has no grace?

Exact science must presently fall upon its own keen sword...from Skepsis there is a path to "second religiousness," which is the sequel and not the preface of the Culture.

Oswald Spengler

OrthodoxyOrDeath

Post by OrthodoxyOrDeath »

AMDG,

Vl. Vitaly certainly did not make this union, he was opposed. But he was out-voted. Eventually however, when it was clear what was happening, his conscience was stirred as so many Orthodox Christians and left; so far he has been the only true confessing and courageous bishop in that entire synod (the FROC always being separate). May God protect him.

I think you judge things to hard. I ask you...do you belive Cyprianos and TOC of Greece, Rumania and Bulgaria has no grace?

I believe you are trying your best up there in Stockholm with almost no options - may the Lord guide you and protect you!

Ekaterina
Protoposter

Post by Ekaterina »

when it was clear what was happening, his conscience was stirred as so many Orthodox Christians and left;

A rather skewed perseption......but, hey, man believes what he wants to believe.

From my own perspective it was more of a kidnapping of a sick old man, than a leaving of free will. An inposition of another's perseption on a confused personage.

Again ...perseption......

Katya

Miriam

Post by Miriam »

user_22 wrote:

Anything more about this?

See here:
http://www.russianorthodoxchurch.ws/01n ... elsts.html

Miriam