The Rebels and the Yankees

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Padraig

Post by Padraig »

Natasha wrote:

Joe, there is no way that you could have visited NC anytime in the past 10 years....a "few" yankees down here...hahah... in a lot of the cities here it is almost impossible to find a native...just as an example, my next door neighbors are from Boston and Detroit!

But it's not all bad. We can get good Sheboygan bratwurst locally now.
;-)

Patrick

ania

Post by ania »

Well, when I moved to Virginia, I was hoping to see a bit of the South still alive around here... Unfortunately, anything Manassass north & east is... well, not quite Yankee... lets say an international mix. There are very few places here, except for hole-in-the-wall bars & shops, that you can here the drawl.

Joe Zollars

Post by Joe Zollars »

Next time your in a crowded public place, start humming our National/Regional Anthem (depending upon who you ask), which is of course DIXIE!!!!!. See what happens. I imagine you will get what that region first produced under the command of the Rev. General (he was a presbyterian Minister) Thomas Jonathan Jackson aka "Stonewall." I am of course speaking of the Rebel Yell. That is how you know you are in the south.......

Joe Zollars

O I wish I was in the Land of Cotton.....