Birth of a Second Son

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
_cizinec_

Birth of a Second Son

Post by _cizinec_ »

I haven't posted in a while. I would like to thank all of you who knew and prayed for my wife and our new son. It was a very difficult pregnancy.

Our son was born the day after the Nativity of St. John the Baptist. After a long and painful struggle with my wife and mother-in-law, who wanted to name him some interesting Slovak names, we named him Ian. They wouldn't go for John and I wasn't going for Jan or Ivan (you should hear that with his last name . . . not good).

Well, more prayers were answered than one.

Our Serbian priest was there early in the morning for pre-op to pray with us. It was over an hour drive for him. He stayed there for the blessing of our new son.

While my wife was in surgery our priest got to spend some time with my father, who is a Protestant and having some spiritual issues. It seems that our priest was able to help him a bit and that got him thinking. The big hurdle is really my mom, but that's another prayer and another story. I'm patient and it looks like I'm starting to see some real benefits.

Thank you all for your prayers!

I will post again when he's baptized. I wonder if my wife will win the name battle there . . .

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

:)

Jakub

Post by Jakub »

Congrats & blessings that all went well.

Where's the bubble gum cigars ?

james

Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

congrats! /\

Tessa

Post by Tessa »

:) :) :)

I love babies! Congratulations to you and your family!

Господе Исусе Христа, Синe Божји, Помилуј ме грешну!