Putting up a new site about ROAC in America

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

Suaidan
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Autonomous Metropolia of the Americas

Putting up a new site about ROAC in America

Post by Suaidan »

While I have a whole bunch of reasons for doing making a new site, the
main is that it's good for there to be a way for information about
ROAC goings on in America to make it to the Church at large.

Three years ago, it was precisely the choking of information that led
to the situation we are in today. For three years, few people were
even aware that most of the American territory was ruled, not by
Archbishop Gregory of Denver, but the Sobor of Bishops of the ROAC.

Without blaming anyone, the results for the Church were disastrous.
Yet we are witnessing a stunning reversal which was impossible to even
consider six months ago. Six months ago!

Yet there are still things that need to be taken care of. Clergy are
joining our Church and it's hard to keep track of who. Some of our
people, due to recent events, need our help. Our canonical and
Orthodox Metropolitan is accused of heresy and uncanonicity. We are a
huge mess. Everything is scattered.

I could think of no better place to be.

Joe Suaiden
Notes from the Underground
http://www.roac.tk

Take a look tomorrow for a response to Fr John Claypool's slanderous
attacks--the essay only needs revisions. Good night.

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

You may want to reconsider the name of your site. Unless, of course, you mean to imply that the ROAC is comprised of crazed, sick, spiteful, men with diseased livers.

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

Also,

I see on the site: "The AROC is a needed and historic fulfillment of Ukaze 362 within the Russian Borders".

How in the world is this Ukaze, written for a very specific purpose and relating to a very specific time period, being stretched to extend to people living within Russia well after the Civil War and even the collapse of the Soviet Union? There are other reasons people believe ROAC should exist, and though I may not agree with these reasons they are much more convincing than this Ukaze which clearly has no relation to ROAC.

Suaidan
Sr Member

Post by Suaidan »

bogoliubtsy wrote:

Also,

I see on the site: "The AROC is a needed and historic fulfillment of Ukaze 362 within the Russian Borders".

How in the world is this Ukaze, written for a very specific purpose and relating to a very specific time period, being stretched to extend to people living within Russia well after the Civil War and even the collapse of the Soviet Union? There are other reasons people believe ROAC should exist, and though I may not agree with these reasons they are much more convincing than this Ukaze which clearly has no relation to ROAC.

Yes, the Ukaze was written for a very specific purpose-- namely, how the Church is to be administered until an all Russian Council, and for a very specific time period, that is, the period until the all Russian Council.

Why is it relevant to now?

The answer is simply: so people can see it. In other words, there are catacomb churches still following those precepts in hiding. As the situation continues to normalize in Russia (if it does continue) these Churches need to come together under a temporary HCA.

It would be nice to say "oh, we don't need the stupid thing anymore!" But that's not the way the Church works. That's what we did with the calendar, and all sorts of other things that were "useful for the time period".

What ROAC did was wise, pastorally sound, and needed.

Might I point out the first to abandon the Ukaze in Russia were the founders of the Moscow Patriarchate?

I would go so far as to say that if Ukaze 362 was simply ignored, as you seem to wish, ROAC's credibility would vanish. For example, ROCOR is now abandoning the Ukaze-- and embracing the MP.

And it isn't going well for them!

Suaidan
Sr Member

:)

Post by Suaidan »

bogoliubtsy wrote:

You may want to reconsider the name of your site. Unless, of course, you mean to imply that the ROAC is comprised of crazed, sick, spiteful, men with diseased livers.

Well, it's a site about ROAC in America, and we're still awaiting Synodical trial for the relevant parties. :)

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Re: :)

Post by bogoliubtsy »

suaiden wrote:
bogoliubtsy wrote:

Well, it's a site about ROAC in America, and we're still awaiting Synodical trial for the relevant parties. :)

Ha! :)