Drug addict mom?

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
user_275

Post by user_275 »

Another thing you should keep in mind. If you have any sort of professional license it could be in jeopardy if you associate with known drug users/abusers. Also, were you there at the house and she got busted, you could be arrested right along with her and the bf. And if the kids were there too, there is also the the possibility that social services could be involved. Even if you were later cleared of any wrong-doing, think of the stress it could put you and yours through. Just some things you should consider.

Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Unfortanely the authorities, i.e. social services, the police, etc. KNOW what's going on but it basically seems to come down to there's too many kids to save from these kinds of situations and the resources are already few and far beteween. :( I remember once when I was 15 they (my mom and her bf) got pulled over for expired plates and my little half brother not having a car seat. A crack pipe was found in the car and the cops called for ME, a 15 year old with only a drivers permit, no license, to come pick him up. Pretty pathetic. I could go on and on.

Anyway, thank you ALL for your responses and I spoke with my spiritual father and he says better NOT to see her, for the sake of my kids and my sanity especially while pregnant, and:

You don't want her to be a part of you children's lives out of hate or disrespect, but from experience. She does not deserve to be a part of their lives. She has excluded herself. Her entire life has been her choice.

So thank God after much prayer and deliberation I have arrived at an answer to my question and thank you all again.

In Christ
Tessa

Господе Исусе Христа, Синe Божји, Помилуј ме грешну!

Liudmilla
Sr Member

Post by Liudmilla »

It is hard to make painful decisions. While the pain of it may eventually fade, the resulting regret of what might have been or could have been or even should have been, stays with you for ever. The simple fact is that try as we might there are some people who are impossible to help. Ultimately you have to decide where there is greater harm.... in maintaining the contact and exposing your self and your family to things that are hamful or in the walking away. Personally I think you have made a good choice. Your husband and your children's welfare is more important at this moment. Your responcibility to your parent is to pray that God helps them see the error of their ways. May God hear your prayers.

Milla

Tessa

Post by Tessa »

Thank you.

Господе Исусе Христа, Синe Божји, Помилуј ме грешну!

ORPRcamper
Jr Member

Post by ORPRcamper »

Just remember to never forget our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ throughout your struggles with your mothers demons, and of course pray that mother will come to her senses.