Archbishop of Canterbury & the Simpsons

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Etienne

Archbishop of Canterbury & the Simpsons

Post by Etienne »

The BBC reports that Dr Rowan Williams, Archbishop of Canterbury, is seriously considering appearing in an episode of the Simpsons. Apparently he is reported to be a great fan.

What might be the reaction of believers if an Orthodox bishop were to appear on the Simpsons? My mind boggles!

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

Lord Have Mercy on us sinners!

Where is the world coming to!

Κύριε Ελέησον!

Anastasios
Sr Member
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

That show is awesome. It is right on the money as far as a lot of criticism of our current society. Of course I would not want to have my bishop actually appear on the show!

Disclaimer: Many older posts were made before my baptism and thus may not reflect an Orthodox point of view.
Please do not message me with questions about the forum or moderation requests. Jonathan Gress (jgress) will be able to assist you.
Please note that I do not subscribe to "Old Calendar Ecumenism" and believe that only the Synod of Archbishop Kallinikos is the canonical GOC of Greece. I do believe, however, that we can break down barriers and misunderstandings through prayer and discussion on forums such as this one.

ORPRcamper
Jr Member

Post by ORPRcamper »

I have to agree with Anastasios. The Simpsons have some great episodes. Has anyone seen the episode making fun of the Masons? I believe they call it the "Stonecutters", it's actually a very good one. As for an Orthodox Bishop making a guest appearance, that kind of boggles the mind.

ania

Post by ania »

All: Who controls the British crown? Who keeps the metric system down? We do! We do!
Karl: Who leaves Atlantis off the maps?
Lenny: Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
Alien: We do! We do!
All: Who holds back the electric car? Who makes Steve Gutenberg a star?We do! We do!
Skinner: Who robs cavefish of their sight?
Homer: Who rigs every Oscar night?
All: We do! We do! We DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

http://www.snpp.com/guides/lyrics_list.html heehee... all the Simpson lyrics ever writen (I think).

At times their irreverent attitude toward religion ticks me off, but much of their social commentary is very fitting.

ORPRcamper
Jr Member

Post by ORPRcamper »

Thank You for the site. It might prove most useful.