Questions ...

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Brother Nicholas

Post by Brother Nicholas »

Just one thing you might try - If it is a matter of her not believing that the Orthodox Church is a legitimate Church and thus knows what it is talking about, take her to your nearest encyclopedia. If it is a creditable one such as the Britannica, you will find a rather large article explaining just what and how old the Orthodox Church is. Most of these type articles will pretty much lay it out that the Orthodox Church is the original Church. I have found that this secular source is enough to at least get them to listen as after all, if it is in the encyclpedia it must be true. :wink:

Steve
Jr Member

Thanks for your replies ...

Post by Steve »

Sorry I have been away from here a while but I just haven't felt like posting or lurking almost anywhere.

Thanks for your prayers ...

Stephen

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Still praying, my friend /\

Seraphim Reeves

Stephen

Post by Seraphim Reeves »

Stephen, you and I are in remarkably similar circumstances. My wife, let's just say, has been less than enthusiastic about my journey along the Orthodox way. Some of these reasons are understandable (and in large part, I can't help feeling, my fault), others make me want to spit at the devil (since they are completely irrational and in some ways inexplicable).

I hope I don't offend anyone here by saying this...but don't try a polemical approach with women. Even when they give the pretense of being interested in such, this is not really the case. To this point, I'm at a loss on how to resolve my situation...which leaves me with no option to not even try, but simply pray, and work on myself (with the hope that I will in no wise scandalize her with sin, thus being a poor ambassador of the Gospel.)

Seraphim