Byzantine Cause

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Nektarios14

Post by Nektarios14 »

I would be interested in talking to a woman of royal lineage, for we share that.

I can direct you to many women who demand to be treated like they are royalty....come to think of it that would be most of them....

romiosini

Post by romiosini »

Lord Have Mercy!

Last edited by romiosini on Sat 17 September 2005 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vicki
Jr Member

Post by Vicki »

Byzantine Prince wrote:

I am glad that my fellow Orthodox Christians are responding to my post. Whether it be of sarcasm or of realism, I love all. I would be interested in talking to a woman of royal lineage, for we share that. I know that my cause does not present the best in Christian morale or example but I feel that we need to take the offense, for if we dont we will eventually be overtaken by Islam. I also know that this cause is nearly impossible, but I am willing to attempt it for God, glory, and my family. I am not kidding around with this, and I swear on my life by all that I have told you. I am just hoping you will see the light and fly to my banner. I come to you all as a humble servant of Christ, I am not better then any of you, and I hope you all know that. Please respond.

Sincerely,

Konstantinos

We will surely be overtaken by any ism you choose to name if those who CLAIM to be fighting for Orthodoxy are actually so foolish that they do not know basic bits of the faith: namely, that you may not swear any such oath! Are you foolish enough to think the your life is YOURS, and not God's, that you may swear on it in such a manner? :x

Also...lose the "humble servant of Christ"...it is rather incompatible with "...glory, and my family" You mentioned on another forum many of us read that you DO NOT have the blessing of clergy for this...so I doubt you are doing this for God, either, or you would be more obedient toward the Church. :ohvey:

EITHER you can be a humble servant of the Church, or not. To be so involves obedience to one's spiritual father. It does NOT involve saying you will go fight for something that isn't there anymore. By the way...a geneological aside...

Prince William of Wales is a descendant of Byzantine emperors...and HE is already an acknowledged Royal. Whatever makes you think that YOU would be given preference? As a practical matter, you understand...

Vicki

Vicki
Jr Member

Post by Vicki »

The "prince" is off posting on OC.Net, where they do a better job of not making him think... :lol:

Seriously...what kind of "leader" can't answer questions?

Next thing you know, this "prince" will be asking for money wired to a Nigerian bank account.... :ohvey:

Anyone bet he hasn't been to an Orthodox Church since he was Baptised? (ok...I'll give him the Nativity and Pascha)

Vicki

/\RT3|\/|0|\|

Post by /\RT3|\/|0|\| »

Xrictoc Has Risen!!! Please forgive me and please don't be offended by what I'm about to say but, Emporer Constantine XI Paleologos is NOT a Saint ,he is one of the reasons The Romaiki Empire fell to the Turks, because he united the Church of Constantinople with the Vatican to get military help to fight the Turks, you can read the transcrips of what LITERALLY happend in the book "The Pillars Of Orthodoxy" from what I've read, and talking about to enlightend elders, the Roman (Byzantine) Empire will rise back to power, but only after the third world war there are numerous prophesies that talk about this by canonized Orthodox Christian Saints. and they all say that God has already preordained a Emporer to be the King of that Empire.

Christopher

Post by Christopher »

Konstantinos:

First let me say that I've never quite run into someone making this claim before-- it's a pretty wild claim for someone living in a country (America) that does not grant titles of nobility. So, I did a little research into the issue.

The best place to establish your claim is the English College of Heraldry. They keep genealogical records on most of the European royalty and it's pretty tough to be recognized as royalty if you're not in their books. Other places to go would be some of the appellate courts in Italy and France that are rather strict in recognizing claims to royalty.

Now, to have your claim recognized, note that royalty for the most part runs on the system of primogeniture. In other words, the regency passes from the reigning monarch to the FIRST BORN SON-- and if not there than usually to the closest blood related living male relative. You'll have to trace your lineage in this fashion. If at any point the lineage has passed maternally, your claim will not be recognized.

As for the Byzantine throne, there is no recognized modern claimant. Many have tried-- including a gentlemen from my home state of Florida who sells titles of knighthood for a living. Several of the aspirants do have recognized claims to a title of nobility but none to the imperial throne. The historical records tell us that the Paleologos family moved to Italy and intermingled with the nobility there. The direct line did end at some point because the heir did not have children.

I highly doubt that a new line not based on primogeniture would be recognized for an empire no longer in existence. Although the Hapsburg family is still recognized as royalty (de jure royal family of the Holy Roman Empire), they DO have the family line established. Were royalty to be recognized in any Hellenic state, it would probably go to the last royal family of Greece. Note that this family was not Greek-- they trace their lineage from the Danish royal family.

Sorry to burst your bubble, pal. If you still have the need for immense power and recognition, I recommend that you become filthy rich and start some philanthropic organizations to support Hellenic causes. I understand from my Cypriot friends that the folks who live in the Turkish occupied territories don't have it so good-- maybe you could help them out. Or, why not repatriate to Greece and become prime minister? If you have a militant side, I highly recommend you join the Hellenic Army. If you are of Greek descent, the Hellenic state might recognize your citizenship 'jure sanguinis' and if so, you might have to serve if you stay in Greece more than six months. Even the crown princes of the Spanish and English royalty have served in their respective armed forces.

On a final note, some orthodox prophecies imply the reemergence of a Christian Empire before the last days. However, according to the prophecies, that the monarch will be appointed by God (kind of like king David). That means you are or you aren't-- no orthodox discussion forum will help you here.

--Chris