Answer Regarding Homosexuality

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Ben Jamin

Post by Ben Jamin »

Nicholas wrote:

You would have to be mad to choose to be a goth, to be a punk, to be a geek, to be a Christian during martyrdom, we could go on and show that this theory does not click either. People chose to be any of these groups even if they were picked on for it, laughed at or killed!

The lesbian poll was put out by a lesbian group actually. I was surprised when I heard it to, because I had believed the hype that homosexuals were arguing that it was inborn and none of them called it a choice.

There is a differnce with homosexuality. You choose to be a punk, or a goth, or a Christian or a Muslim. But with Homosexuality it is something in you, it is something physical, it is an inclination that can control your entire being. It is not something you invite in like alcohol or pot, it is almost always something that has always just been there.

Those Lesbians who took part in that poll do not represent the majority of homosexuals, in my opinion, esp those who are trying to live holy lives, such as those precious souls engaged in Courage and other similar programs.

Homosexuality isn't a trend or a fad or a music genre, it is related and connected to who you are and everything in your life. Born with it or not, it is just as much of a sexual orientation as heterosexuality. Imagine, Nicholas, if people told you that heterosexuality was a sin, and that heterosexuals go to hell because they choose to be that way, and you had to completely fight you sexuality, which seems to be so much apart of you. Don't tell me that it wouldn't be the hardest struggle in your life, if you or any other Heterosexuals says it would be easy, they are lieing.

These are just my opinions and my expirences with close friends who are homosexuals, and not by choice.

Ben Jamin

Post by Ben Jamin »

Nicholas wrote:
Ben wrote:

they are often harrassed and taunted by those who believe Homosexuals to be evil, and homosexuality to be a sin.

Homosexuality is the action of homosexuals, that define them as homosexuals, so of course it is a sin!

Academic Medical Publishing [i]Medical Dictionary[/i] wrote:

homosexuality:
Sexuality directed toward someone of the same sex.

And my point is that the vast majority of homosexuals do not choose to be sexualy directed to members of the same sex, and how can one be condemned for something they didn't choose?! Oh how many homosexuals have committed sucide? How many coulnd't live in their own skin? It is not a choice, but what is a choice is whether or not you choose to act on your thoughts and desires and have sexual realtions with members of the same sex. This I believe is a serious sin, but will God condemn those Homsoexuals who are doing everything they can, or at least are trying to do everything they can, not to give into their temptations and are trying to live holy lives? If your answer is yes, then we don't worship the same God.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Ben wrote:

There is a differnce with homosexuality. You choose to be a punk, or a goth, or a Christian or a Muslim. But with Homosexuality it is something in you, it is something physical, it is an inclination that can control your entire being. It is not something you invite in like alcohol or pot, it is almost always something that has always just been there.

This has yet to be proved. If it is ever proved, then this just feeds those that say it is a genetic disorder, right? Of course people will say that in being a goth or punk they are just being true to themselves too. There is a high suicide rate among those groups as well.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Interesting quote from NewYorkMetro.com (I will not link to it directly, but through that URL people can find it if they want)

32 percent of straight New Yorkers agree that "lesbians prefer to be with other women usually because of negative experiences with men." Surprisingly, 20 percent of gays and lesbians think the same thing. Perhaps even more surprising: Eleven percent of gays and lesbians "strongly agree" (compared with 14 percent of straight New Yorkers) that "homosexuals choose to be homosexual."

Ben Jamin

Post by Ben Jamin »

This has yet to be proved. If it is ever proved, then this just feeds those that say it is a genetic disorder, right? Of course people will say that in being a goth or punk they are just being true to themselves too. There is a high suicide rate among those groups as well.

Nicholas....

I am not saying one is born a homosexual, I do not believe this, but I do not believe it is a choice. I will not argue with you if homosexuality is a choice or not, because I know it is not. I have seen too many lives lost to this, too many souls devoured, I will never believe you just wake up and say "I'll be a Homosexual".......I urge any heterosexual to try this and see what happens, see if you turn into a homosexual. I bet it won't work. I know too many homosexuals who wake up and say "I'm going to be straight", and they end up in tears, because they can't change, for the life of them, they just can't change.

As for the sucide rates, the difference is that punks and goths don't commit sucide because they are a punk or a goth. It is ussualy due to a high use of drugs and alcohol, mixed with some depression. I myself know suicidal goths and punks, and they don't want to kill themselves because they choose to listen to certain music, dress a certain way, and hang out with a certain crowd, they want to to die because they see no reason to live, life sucks for them. However, homosexual teenagers commit suicide because they can't deal with being homosexual, they hate themseleves and see no reason to live, if they can't change.

Suicide is the third leading cause of adolescent mortality in the United States, accounting for 13 percent of deaths between ages 15 and 24. In 1996, more teenagers and young adults died of suicide than from cancer, heart disease, AIDS, birth defects, stroke, pneumonia and influenza, and chronic lung disease combined. According to Fleischer and Fillman (1995), a 1989 Department of Health Report on youth suicide found that homosexual and lesbian youth are up to five times more likely to attempt suicide. The increased risk among these youth is due to isolation, rejection, confusion, and shame due to the stigmatization of homosexuality, which results in depression, suicide, and low self-esteem.

I know that a lot of times homosexual teen suicide statistics are grossly exaggerated, but we can not deny that many teen suicides are because of homosexuality, and because the poor soul couldn't handle being alive if they had to be homosexual.

Ben Jamin

Post by Ben Jamin »

32 percent of straight New Yorkers agree that "lesbians prefer to be with other women usually because of negative experiences with men." Surprisingly, 20 percent of gays and lesbians think the same thing. Perhaps even more surprising: Eleven percent of gays and lesbians "strongly agree" (compared with 14 percent of straight New Yorkers) that "homosexuals choose to be homosexual."

I will admit that we do find many staight women who go out with women and sleep with women, cause they are fed up with men. We are seeing a huge rise in the number of bisexual women, but I will say that there is a difference between choosing to sleep with members of the same sex/ choosing to live the homosexual lifestyle, and choosing to be attracted to members of the same sex.

To fair, we would need to understand what each of those that particitpated in the poll meant by "choose". They could have meant they choose to live the homosexual lifstyle, they choose to sleep with memebers of the same sex. Most homosexuals do not believe there is a difference in homosexuality and homosexual acts.

/\RT3|\/|0|\|

Post by /\RT3|\/|0|\| »

Xrictoc Has Risen!!! Ben You are wrong, you're basically saying God created homosexUALITY, 1 Cor ch.6v9 The Apostle Pavlos CLEARLY states that homosexUALS not "homosexuality" WILL NOT inherit the kindom of heaven, and the way you DID state about homosexuals tring to live holy lives is terribly WRONG, I think that is why you seemed to change what you said twice, (the latter statement being CORRECT), you were making it seem as if you were saying, "there are people who practice homosexual behavior and try and live a so called holy life", and God likes that, thats totaly incorrect they get NO GRACE what so ever, if you ask why "because homosexuality is a sin" thats WHY, if these people are practicing homosexuals and they go to Church and try and practice Orthodox Spirituality God IS NOT pleased and the'yll get no help from above, can you take a geuss why??????? their PRACTICING HOMOSEXUALS, people who practice homosexuality are called "HOMOSEXUALLS", so God wouldn't give them grace in thier spirituality, let me give you some examples there are buddists who are virgins from birth, they have never did anything that is immoral they have advanced in buddisim and they can float in the air they can tell you everything you did in the past, they can even see threw walls, they have acomplished these things because they have eleivated in buddist spirituality, now are these things thier diong gifts from God , offcourse NOT ,our Holy Church has said these are demonic dilusions being done so they can belive budisim is the correct way and never find the truth (Orthodoxy) the same thing with homsexuals who you are saying are "tring to be Holy" if they are former homosexuals tring to be Holy than ofcourse God will be pleased with them and will give them grace but if they are homosexuals and who belive there's nothing is wrong with practicing(being homosexual) homosexuality and going to Church and "TRYING" to be a HOLY Christian then according to our Holy Church these people "SHALL NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD" now what are we supposed to do?, listen to the world telling us our "Church is wrong" I THINK NOT!!!!!!! the thing we ARE SUPPOSED To do is belive that the world is WRONG!!!!!!!!! God does not create people homosexual so any remark about people being BORN homosexuals is wrong,according to "The Orthodox Church" all these teachings are of the nonOrthodox, go to a Holy Elder and ask him if people are born homosexuals.

Last edited by /\RT3|\/|0|\| on Fri 21 May 2004 9:35 am, edited 8 times in total.