ROAC and HOCNA

Information, news stories, and questions about True Traditionalist Orthodox Churches. This is the place to post encyclicals and any official public communications from True Orthodox jurisdictions.

Moderator: Mark Templet

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Thank you Natasha, Justin just pointed out the following stats about the 10 most frequent posters:

Justin Kissel wrote:

It's interesting how much this forum has leveled out as time has gone on. At one time, we were very ROCOR-sided, with ... what? ... 60% or more being ROCOR? Assuming that Mary and I go to the GOC soon, here's what the top 10 posters are...

ROAC #1. Nicholas
GOC #2. Justin Kissel
GOC #3. OrthodoxyOrDeath
ROCOR #4. bogoliubtsy
ROCOR #5. Zollars
GOC #6. Mary Kissel
ROAC #7. seraphim reeves
ROCOR #8. Natasha
ROCE #9. Lounger
GOC #10. Daniel

So much for the ROAC invasion :)

Lounger

Post by Lounger »

That's pretty good when the esteemed competition shows there top posters as at least half heterodox!

ACROD #1 Linus7
Papist #2 anastasios
Monophysite #3 Mor Ephrem
OCA #4 David
Protestant #5 Br. Max, OFC
ROCOR #6 Serge
GOA #7 TomΣ
Protestant #8 Keble
ROAC #9 Николай
Papist #10 Cap'n Roberto

Being that Николай doesn't post there anymore maybe we should use the next poster which would be:

Monophysite #11 peterfarrington

While that would still give them 40% posting that claim Orthodoxy, I'd consider Serge a Papist and TomΣa Protestant by their own words, giving them 20% World Orthodox and 80% Heterodox!

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

That was unnecessary. People should be counted as they claim and if we were going to remove posters that have posted that they no longer post here we would have to take Zollars off the list and add Juliana that is ROAC.

ROAC still would not outnumber the GOC folks, but still, we should just take the top 10 of each site as is and not attack one another. Thank you.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Hi Lounger,

Glad to see you posting again. You are aware that Capn Roberto is an Orthodox catechumen, right? And that as such, if he were to die, he would be granted Orthodox burial, right?

If you actually look at the real Top 10, Hypo-Ortho who passed away was third but his account had an error and had to be disabled.

I pretty much find your post to be pointless and--as usual--not spiritually profitable but much open to controversy. Why would you think OCnet is competition to ECafe? They serve totally different purposes.

anastasios

Disclaimer: Many older posts were made before my baptism and thus may not reflect an Orthodox point of view.
Please do not message me with questions about the forum or moderation requests. Jonathan Gress (jgress) will be able to assist you.
Please note that I do not subscribe to "Old Calendar Ecumenism" and believe that only the Synod of Archbishop Kallinikos is the canonical GOC of Greece. I do believe, however, that we can break down barriers and misunderstandings through prayer and discussion on forums such as this one.

Anastasios
Sr Member
Jurisdiction: GOC-Archbishop Kallinikos

Post by Anastasios »

Hey Lounge,

Actually I think it's good that so many of our posters are non-Orthodox. OCnet seems to be doing a good job of missionizing the heterodox! :P

anastasios

Disclaimer: Many older posts were made before my baptism and thus may not reflect an Orthodox point of view.
Please do not message me with questions about the forum or moderation requests. Jonathan Gress (jgress) will be able to assist you.
Please note that I do not subscribe to "Old Calendar Ecumenism" and believe that only the Synod of Archbishop Kallinikos is the canonical GOC of Greece. I do believe, however, that we can break down barriers and misunderstandings through prayer and discussion on forums such as this one.

TomS
Protoposter

Post by TomS »

:cry:

How could you say such a thing?

----------------------------------------------------
They say that I am bad news. They say "Stay Away."

尼古拉前执事
Archon

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

anastasios wrote:

Why would you think OCnet is competition to ECafe? They serve totally different purposes.

Well said Anastasios.