Urgent! What do priests say after confession?

Patristic theology, and traditional teachings of Orthodoxy from the Church fathers of apostolic times to the present. All forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Valentina
Jr Member

Urgent! What do priests say after confession?

Post by Valentina »

I'm just finishing up my play about Saint Elizabeth and tehre is a scene where she as at confession. Does anyone know what prayer the priest says when they put the cover on your head, the prayer for forgiving you I believe? If anyone could find it I would reallly appreciate. I might post the play on t his board if anyone is interested later.

Thanks!

bogoliubtsy
Sr Member

Post by bogoliubtsy »

O Lord God of the salvation of Your servants, merciful, compassionate and long-suffering; Who repents concerning our evil deeds, not desiring the death of a sinner, but that he should turn from his way and live. Show mercy now on Your servant [name] and grant to him (or her) an image of repentance, forgiveness of sins and deliverance, pardoning all his (or her) sins, whether voluntary or involuntary. Reconcile and unite him (or her) to Your Holy Church, through Jesus Christ our Lord, to Whom, with You, are due dominion and majesty, now and ever and unto ages of ages. Amen.

May our Lord and God, Jesus Christ, by the grace and compassion of His love for mankind, forgive you, my child, [name], all your transgressions. And I His unworthy Priest, through the power given me, forgive and absolve you from all your sins, in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. Amen.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Except it would be handmaid rather than servant for a female.

Valentina
Jr Member

Post by Valentina »

Thanks! :)