Need prayer for my health

Discussions of the prayer services of the Church. Prayer requests. Please pray for all who post here. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Brother Nicholas

Need prayer for my health

Post by Brother Nicholas »

My general health seems to be getting worse and worse, bit by bit. I suffer from diabetes, hypertension, asthma, degenerative joint disease, sleep apnea, and a few other goodies. Nothing tries the spirit so much as chronic disease and pain. I don't ask for healing so much as the Lord's help in simply not letting this get the better of my spiritual life. Please keep me in your prayers. Thank you

Seraphim Reeves

Dear Nicholas

Post by Seraphim Reeves »

Dear Nicholas,

I will pray for you, God's will be done!

My father (since he's moving towards old age now) is beginning to have endemic health problems (his being severe arthritis, which is only kept at bay by some pretty powerful medications), and my wife suffers from sleep apnea as well. I can only imagine what it would be like to have several serious maladies at once. However, God's grace is always sufficient; it can be hard to see this, admittedly. It's something we take on faith, the same faith which dictates that God is good (despite what can often be a discouraging and pain ridden world.)

Know that even if each and every one of these conditions persist until you arrive at your deathbed, they will not last forever. A day is coming when God will wipe away every tear from His saints, and where bodies will reflect the disposition of their owners and the glory of the Risen Christ. In the meantime, keep in mind that the Saviour's own body was broken upon the Cross, unto death. You and I are no exception - we're all called to drink of that same cup, if we hope to be saved.

Seraphim

Justin Kissel

Post by Justin Kissel »

Nicholas,

You will certainly be in our prayers. May the Lord be with you.

尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

You have my prayers.

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Nicholas and Seraphim, your prayer requests will complied with in my house.

Methodius

You have mine

Post by Methodius »

Prayers.