Mystery Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots ...

Reading from the Old Testament, Holy Gospels, Acts, Epistles and Revelation, our priests' and bishops' sermons, and commentary by the Church Fathers. All Forum Rules apply.
Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: GOC

Mystery Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots ...

Post by Cyprian »

And upon her forehead was a name written, Mystery, Babylon The Great, The Mother Of Harlots, And Abominations Of The Earth. (Rev 17:5)

and...

And in her was found the blood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth. (Rev 18:24)

Note that the word of God, speaking of the Great Whore Babylon, says that in her was found "all that were slain upon the earth." Not some, but ALL.

Jesus Christ said:

"Wherefore, behold, I send unto you prophets, and wise men, and scribes: and some of them ye shall kill and crucify; and some of them shall ye scourge in your synagogues, and persecute them from city to city: That upon you may come all the righteous blood shed upon the earth, from the blood of righteous Abel unto the blood of Zacharias son of Barachias, whom ye slew between the temple and the altar. Verily I say unto you, All these things shall come upon this generation. O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" (Mat 23:34-37)

The Holy Evangelist St. Luke also records Christ as saying:

"Nevertheless I must walk to day, and to morrow, and the day following: for it cannot be that a prophet perish out of Jerusalem." (Luke 13:33)

Cyprian
Sr Member
Faith: Orthodox Christianity
Jurisdiction: GOC

Re: Mystery Babylon the Great, the Mother of Harlots ...

Post by Cyprian »

And I will make Jerusalem heaps, and a den of dragons; and I will make the cities of Judah desolate, without an inhabitant. —Jeremiah 9:11

And Babylon shall become heaps, a dwellingplace for dragons, an astonishment, and an hissing, without an inhabitant. —Jeremiah 51:37