New Book Out on Russia Abroad

Ваше место для того чтобы обсудить темы в украинском, белорусском, Сербе и русском.
Barbara
Protoposter

New Book Out on Russia Abroad

Post by Barbara »

Noted analyst Konstantin Preobrazhensky has a second book coming out Sunday October 20.
Second book, that is, since his arrival in America.

So far this is only in Russian. Details can be found here :

http://www.mgraphics-publishing.com/cat ... 88188.html

Barbara
Protoposter

Re: New Book Out on Russia Abroad

Post by Barbara »

I will be writing more on this new release soon - though in English, not Russian. I will maybe put in Book Reviews.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Looks like an interesting and revealing look at how much (or little as the case may be) has changed in the "post-soviet" state.

Symeon

... For those who think that the "cold war" ended in 1991 - this book will make you think again. Konstantin Preobrazhensky wants Americans woke up to the intentions of the Russian regime. According to him, under Putin's KGB Russia is back in the state of a repressive state, where he managed security services ...
prof. Clare Lopez
Centre for Counterintelligence & Security Studies

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Now, Claire Lopez wrote a commendation for Konstantin's earlier work, called Trojan Horse: KGB/FSB... in America -
are you sure that what you quoted was not from that one? I remember she wrote a glowing review of his first major release
in America.

[ Lt Col Preobrazhensky is the author of some other publications before his arrival here, such as
about his areas of specialization, Japan, Japanese Culture and HIstory, etc. ]

Here are the author's own words describing his recently released expose. Sorry that it took me awhile to get around to posting them !

"Here is a brief explanation of my new book. In fact, it has no common chapters with the previous one. All are brand new.

Like a chapter, "Poisonings in Russian Church Abroad", or "Putin's yes-men in America". Those yes-men are the members of Congress of Russian Americans. In 1970s this organization was founded as harshly anti-Communist, but in early 1990s KGB has turned into a pro-Putin one. Now it is a part of Kremlin propaganda machine here.

The second part of the book is called "Russian Influence in America". It is the first one to cover this topic. It has shown how Putin is influencing USA from inside. A huge mechanism of creating a false, adorned image of Russia has been working here. It consists not only of Russians, but mostly of American scholars and journalists, who are either "useful idiots" or KGB spies. The epigraph is following: "Began in Russia, will end in America". It is a prophecy by a monk of ROCOR in 1930s. Now we can see that it is coming true.

Putin is very cleverly using America's weak points and prejudices. One of them is exaggerated respect of religion and Church. It has inspired Putin to instigate the anti-American espionage using Church.

Also, it is unbearable for Americans to acknowledge that somebody is influencing their country. Putin says:"yes,I am not influencing at all" and facilitates propaganda by "Russia Today" TV. At the expense of American taxpayers, by the way. The book gives evidences, that the head of this TV, "Russia Today", a young lady Margarita Simonyan, is a KGB officer.

The final chapter is called "Why I am not killed yet". The explanation is given by my friend, an American lawyer and ROCOR member. He said:"If you get killed people will read your books and understand that you were ringt. And while you are alive, your books my be silenced, ignored, and a lot of obstackes can de erected against you". That is what I am seeing in my everyday life here."

Two clarifications :

1. In the last paragraph, the author means his own jurisdiction, that of Met Agafangel. Not Rocor-MP.
  2. We can all recognize his reference to the famous prophecy of the blind starets, Fr Ignaty. I think Icxpion had a thread on him
    which I meant to look at more.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Have you noticed some of the Obama appointees with Russian names?

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Matthew
Protoposter

Post by Matthew »

Yes, but on the other hand, perhaps the rise in Russian power and prestige signals a future repentance and the rise of a True Orthodox Czar who will restore imperial and TOC Holy Rus who will then send missionaries all over the world to provide the world with one last Genuine Christian witness. There might be one last revival and ingathering of souls before the end comes. On the other hand, all those prophecies are conditional upon the repentance of the Russian people. It remains to be seen if such will happen. I can say this though, that many of the conditional prophecies of a restoration of Orthodox Imperial Russia were spoken of in a manner that clearly understood that people living in the 1950s would live to see the rise of a TOC Czar. Time is really running out for that. The people the prophecies were spoken to were probably in their twenties at the time. Now they are at least in their late 70s if they happened to be in their mid-teens.

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

Icxypion wrote:

Yes, but on the other hand, perhaps the rise in Russian power and prestige signals a future repentance and the rise of a True Orthodox Czar who will restore imperial and TOC Holy Rus who will then send missionaries all over the world to provide the world with one last Genuine Christian witness. There might be one last revival and ingathering of souls before the end comes. On the other hand, all those prophecies are conditional upon the repentance of the Russian people. It remains to be seen if such will happen. I can say this though, that many of the conditional prophecies of a restoration of Orthodox Imperial Russia were spoken of in a manner that clearly understood that people living in the 1950s would live to see the rise of a TOC Czar. Time is really running out for that. The people the prophecies were spoken to were probably in their twenties at the time. Now they are at least in their late 70s if they happened to be in their mid-teens.

We can only hope that the TOC of Russia will be able to convert the rest of the world.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.