Forum Rule Change: Names

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
尼古拉前执事
Archon
Faith: Eastern Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Non-Phylitist

Forum Rule Change: Names

Post by 尼古拉前执事 »

Starting immediately, I am going to ask that no one have a user name of Saint X, St X or St. X, i.e. St.Nicholas or Saint Basil. We are not glorified saints and thus, I feel we should not use names such as these. Current users with saint names, be alerted that I have removed "Saint" or "St" from your username and you will need to log in without that prefix.

We prefer that everyone use their Christian name as their username, but will allow monikers for those who choose to be known by them such as Paradosis, OrthodoxyOrDeath, OrthoDoc, etc.

Thank you in advance for understanding.

Last edited by 尼古拉前执事 on Fri 15 October 2004 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

no prob :)

Gregory2

Post by Gregory2 »

no problem, login name changed :)

Giorgos

Post by Giorgos »

Dear Moderator, Brother in Christ,
I can only agree with this.
I think that best is the use of our actual names, but, you know... the theologians play workers, the priest layman, and the layman, bishops...
I only expect that no one mimes a woman, God forbid! :lol:
Best wishes,
Giorgos

Natasha
Sr Member

Post by Natasha »

I kinda always thought that myself Nicholas, but I just kept my mouth shut about it :wink: ...totally understandable.

Mary Kissel

Post by Mary Kissel »

I personally didn't mind either way, although I can understand why it wouldn't be good to call ourselves here names such as 'saint anna' etc. because we are not Saints, although we should strive to live our lives in an Orthodox Christian way and be a good example to those around us, and follow our patron Saints' examples.

In Christ,
the sinner,
Mary

Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Post by Maria »

That's fine with me.

But

But

Why do I have "hobo" underneath my name? :ohvey: