Top 20 CIties with the Worst Drivers, August 2018

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Top 20 CIties with the Worst Drivers, August 2018

Post by Maria »

https://insurify.com/insights/top-20-ci ... t-drivers/

Is your city known for bad driving?

Now that summer is in full swing, expect both traffic incidents and road fatalities to spike across the nation. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety recently reported that summer and early fall are the deadliest times of year on the country’s roads, attributing this to the increased number of road trips and miles driven. In fact, July and August see approximately 116 road deaths per day in the U.S., making these the deadliest months on record. With more vehicles in motion during peak vacation time, drivers face an elevated risk of getting in an accident.

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Re: Top 20 CIties with the Worst Drivers, August 2018

Post by Maria »

I have never heard of some of these cities like Apopka, Florida.

1. Milwaukee, Wisconsin

2. Indianapolis, Indiana

3. Buffalo, New York

4. Apopka, Florida

5. Denton, Texas

6. Boston, Massachusetts

7. Pasadena, California - avoid those little old ladies from Pasadena!

8. Jacksonville, North Carolina

9. Loganville, Georgia

10. Portland, Oregon

11. Cincinnati, Ohio

12. Boise, Idaho

13. Des Moines, Iowa

14. Norfolk, Virginia

15. Littleton, Colorado

16. West Jordan, Utah

17. Spokane, Washington

18. Omaha, Nebraska

19. Dover, Delaware

20. Greer, South Carolina = the worst of the worst.

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Taking a vacation this time of the year, think again! It's too hot.

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Maria wrote:

Taking a vacation this time of the year, think again! It's too hot.

You should visit Alaska. Not only does it have nice cool weather, but it's also beautiful and has a rich Orthodox heritage.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Appropriate comment as it's the Vigil of St Herman of Alaska today ; the Feast Day is tomorrow, as everyone knows. Kayak to Spruce Island, anyone ?

Goodness, Boise is 9th ! I am glad I didn't move to Spokane which was my vague original idea. I flew there to see it and knew instantly it was the wrong place, not God's will. Pleasant but wrong for me. The Heavenly Hand pointed instead of anywhere in what I found later to be outrageously liberal Washington State to Boise - a much more conservative area and entire state.

West Jordan is number 5 : I wonder why out of all the areas of Salt Lake that it's so bad. I'll remember this if I go to Utah.

There are media articles and even road signs all over Idaho warning about "The 100 Deadly Days" for road difficulties. These are the roughly hundred between Memorial Day and Labor Day each year. The problem is that there are few alternate routes : one has to take the interstates to go anywhere, and in case they get backed up due to some sad situation, one is stuck for many hours waiting for the road to be opened to through traffic.

Plenty of these catastrophes are due to people on their phones while driving. Others are caused by medical emergencies causing a car to leave the road or crash into the vehicle ahead of it. Some drivers, including truck drivers, seem to be barely paying attn., and fail to slow especially in the ubiquitous construction zones. That's become all too common during this year's season of 100 Deadly Days. No reasons are ever given WHY the driver failed to brake ; only a report is issued that the situation will be investigated: rarely is there any followup released to the public.

Luke
Faith: Orthodox
Jurisdiction: Greek Orthodox Metropolis of San Francisco

Post by Luke »

Not surprised to see Portland on the list.