Trouble in Paradise - Kilauea explodes on May 15, 2018

Non-political secular news and anything else (within the boundaries of Christian morality and good taste) that is not on-topic in any other section. Any politically charged material must be posted in the private Political and Social Issues forum; please PM admin for access. All Forum Rules apply. No polemics. No heated discussions. No name-calling.
Maria
Archon
Faith: True Orthodox Christian
Jurisdiction: GOC

Trouble in Paradise - Kilauea explodes on May 15, 2018

Post by Maria »

Unbelievable, people play golf as Kilauea explodes. What are they thinking?

Attachments
05-15-2018 Kilauea explodes_view from golf club.jpeg
05-15-2018 Kilauea explodes_view from golf club.jpeg (61.76 KiB) Viewed 7158 times

Lord Jesus Christ, have mercy on me a sinner.

Maria
Archon

Re: Trouble in Paradise - Kilauea explodes on May 15, 2018

Post by Maria »

All this sulfur dioxide and ash has got to be bad for the lungs.

Attachments
05-15-2018 Kilauea explodes while men play golf.jpeg
05-15-2018 Kilauea explodes while men play golf.jpeg (69.32 KiB) Viewed 7157 times

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Pray for the people in Hawaii. Many who lived in homes recently destroyed by lava had no other choices as those rental homes were the least expensive.

https://weather.com/safety/news/2018-05 ... ava-bridge

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

Those pictures are unbelievable ! Thanks for posting them.

So Kilauea actually exploded ? I meant to look up more about this but forgot.

Oh that's why people lived so close to the volcano. I didn't realize that low rental costs could be the reason. I remember going to the Big Island, as I am sure many readers have done, and looked around the places with red hot lava showing. I remember seeing a sole street sign sticking out of a completely inundated section. This must have been a helicopter flyover, for I can't imagine getting that aerial view, nor going so close to the dangerous area otherwise. That was years ago : I guess such areas that had been destroyed by lava had been rebuilt since.

Those clouds spewing out look highly toxic, don't they ?

Justice
Sr Member
Faith: Deism
Jurisdiction: Possible Inquirer

Post by Justice »

Lord have mercy! Thankfully I’ll be visiting Honolulu, which is a safe distance away.

Barbara
Protoposter

Post by Barbara »

I had been meaning to ask if the other islands have been affected. So Justice, you think Oahu is far enough away to have escaped these noxious fumes and clouds of ash ?

Maria
Archon

Post by Maria »

Barbara wrote:

I had been meaning to ask if the other islands have been affected. So Justice, you think Oahu is far enough away to have escaped these noxious fumes and clouds of ash ?

Not only the Hawaiian Islands have been affected, but also Los Angeles. My husband and I have been coughing lately. In addition, we have been feeling very tired with aching leg muscles, itchy skin, and sore throats much like we did when we visited the Big Island of Hawaii in 2008 and experienced daily vog (volcanic fog) from Kilauea.

A couple of days after Kilauea had this recent increase in lava, ash, and sulfur dioxide emissions, starting at the end of April 2018, we noticed that the Los Angeles skyline was a very bright reddish-orange. This reddish-orange hue was also noticeable whenever the Indonesian volcano and other volcanoes, particularly the one in Mexico have exploded over the years.

I am wondering how much sulfur dioxide and volcanic ash is traveling across the Pacific Ocean into Los Angeles and other parts of California.

Confirmation:

Tonight, just before sunset, we peered from our western windows and saw the ochre skies indicative of all this volcanic pollution. Then just after sunset, we looked at our street lamps, and noticed the amber halo indicative of volcanic vog.

For more information about ochre, an important pigment, please visit: https://www.thoughtco.com/ochre-the-old ... ent-172032

Not surprisingly, the Weather Channel, part of our deep state MSM propaganda, has said nothing about the far reaching effect of this Kilauean volcanic vog. Instead, the Air Quality Management District of Los Angeles accuses businesses of generating this vog, and is now stating that LA has the worst outdoor pollution in the USA.